DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 28 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

Thread: PFRPG Spellbook

Version 5.1 has been uploaded.

To see the spell changes on the character sheet you must re-attach the spell to the character sheet.

Following changes were made in this version.

Oracle Spell List added - thank you malvok

Sleep - Fixed the REMOVE effects.

Changed resistances to immunities for the three Form of the Dragon III spells - thank you bmos
    • Form of the Alien Dragon III
    • Form of the Dragon III
    • Form of the Exotic Dragon III

Split Damage Spells
    Spells that split the damage (I.E. half fire damage, half divine damage) were originally being calculated as 1d3 untyped damage and 1d3 elemental damage. As Svandal pointed out 2d3 is not the same as 1d6. These spells have been changed to use Svandal's suggestion.
    They now do 1d6 of untyped damage at odd caster levels and 1d6 of elemental damage at even caster levels.
    Specific spells affected by this change are:
    • Flamestrike - Fire
    • Rebuke (1d6 per caster level) - Sonic - Note: For this spell there is also an option that does 1d8 damage per 2 caster levels. There was no good way I could find to fix this so it stays as 1d4 untyped and 1d4 sonic.
    • Dirge of the Victorious Knight - Cold
    • Hellfire Ray - Fire
    • Umbral Strike - cold

Shield of the Dawnflower, greater was also changed. It does 1d6 damage plus 1 damage per caster level.
    It was Changed from 2d3 to 1d3 untyped and 1d4-1 elemental
    Last edited by dllewell; February 7th, 2021 at 17:28.

I got a couple of suggestions for the wall of xxxx spells.
    Example wall of stone:
    First create temporary hit points for the spell:
    First, the most "smooth" way: Temporary hit points: 3,75 x caster level
    Second the way of the rules, but you have to read rules and click many times: temporary hit points: 15 (clieck several times they stack)

Second effects:
    For "Vanilla": RESIST: 8; IMMUNE: nonlethal; IMMUNE: critical; IMMUNE: precision; To break STR DC: 20+2/c.l20; (strenght check only for information)
    For Kels extension add this in addition; HRESIST: fire; HRESIST: cold; HRESIST: acid; HRESIST: electricity;

That adamantine goes through everything below 20 hardness is hard to code in. Especially sine +4 weapons count as adamantine (but I dont think vs objects)

Edit: Forgot about immunities to precision, critical and nonlethal
    Last edited by Svandal; February 7th, 2021 at 19:57.

Hi - This is the first time I have replied to any of the threads here..
    First of all I will congratulate you on a most excellent Mod I use this mod to help with my wizard character spells, it is a complicated character and your mod helps me a LOT..

This is about Form of the Dragon Spells mainly III :-
    1 The melee attacks of the various Dragons should add strength to each attack but that can be easily adjusted..
    2 - In Form of the Dragon III it should be :-

Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: acid
    Form Of The Dragon III (Blue/Bronze);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: electricity
    Form Of The Dragon III (Red);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
    Form Of The Dragon III (White);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire
    Form Of The Dragon III (Brass);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
    Form Of The Dragon III (Gold);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire
    Form Of The Dragon III (Silver);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire

I tried this and it does work...

Strongrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Strongrunner View Post
    Hi - This is the first time I have replied to any of the threads here..
    First of all I will congratulate you on a most excellent Mod I use this mod to help with my wizard character spells, it is a complicated character and your mod helps me a LOT..

This is about Form of the Dragon Spells mainly III :-
    1 The melee attacks of the various Dragons should add strength to each attack but that can be easily adjusted..
    2 - In Form of the Dragon III it should be :-

Form Of The Dragon III (Black/Green/Copper);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: acid
    Form Of The Dragon III (Blue/Bronze);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: electricity
    Form Of The Dragon III (Red);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
    Form Of The Dragon III (White);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire
    Form Of The Dragon III (Brass);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire;VULN:cold
    Form Of The Dragon III (Gold);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: fire
    Form Of The Dragon III (Silver);STR:10 size;CON:8 size;AC:8 natural;DR:10 magic;IMMUNE: cold;VULN:fire

I tried this and it does work...

Strongrunner
    The latest version already has that information. In fact, it looks exactly like what you identified above.

Can you confirm that you have downloaded the latest version and then re-copy the spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook onto the character sheet. Then see what it looks like.

For reference I have included an image of what the effect for the Black/Green/Copper dragon looks like on the latest version. Please let me know if this still doesn't match what you are seeing.

Form of the Dragon III.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I got a couple of suggestions for the wall of xxxx spells.
    Example wall of stone:
    First create temporary hit points for the spell:
    First, the most "smooth" way: Temporary hit points: 3,75 x caster level
    Second the way of the rules, but you have to read rules and click many times: temporary hit points: 15 (clieck several times they stack)

Second effects:
    For "Vanilla": RESIST: 8; IMMUNE: nonlethal; IMMUNE: critical; IMMUNE: precision; To break STR DC: 20+2/c.l20; (strenght check only for information)
    For Kels extension add this in addition; HRESIST: fire; HRESIST: cold; HRESIST: acid; HRESIST: electricity;

That adamantine goes through everything below 20 hardness is hard to code in. Especially sine +4 weapons count as adamantine (but I dont think vs objects)

Edit: Forgot about immunities to precision, critical and nonlethal
    Svandal,
    I don't think I'm following here. Where would these effects be applied to? There is no 'wall' creature on the combat tracker to apply these effects to.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Svandal,
    I don't think I'm following here. Where would these effects be applied to? There is no 'wall' creature on the combat tracker to apply these effects to.
    Maybe it is more confusing than helpfull?
    First it might be helpfull to have as a reminder.
    Then we could also include a reminder for strenght check.

Secondly, there can be a wall creature in the combat tracker if you make a neutral wall creature with no stats, no hit points. When I have used these wall of xxx as a DM the combat slows down to look up stats, to calculate damage and see if it breaks through. I just thought of it now that it would have been usefull to have 😁
    Maybe it would have been even better if somebody made a module with all the different objects as a "monsters", but I dont think there are many groups that smashes things a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Maybe it is more confusing than helpfull?
    First it might be helpfull to have as a reminder.
    Then we could also include a reminder for strenght check.

Secondly, there can be a wall creature in the combat tracker if you make a neutral wall creature with no stats, no hit points. When I have used these wall of xxx as a DM the combat slows down to look up stats, to calculate damage and see if it breaks through. I just thought of it now that it would have been usefull to have ��
    Maybe it would have been even better if somebody made a module with all the different objects as a "monsters", but I dont think there are many groups that smashes things a lot.
    Svandal,
    My concern with having effect entries as 'reminders' of what the spell does is that this causes unnecessary clutter and, in my mind, a level of confusion.
    When I see an effect I expect that is will be applied to something. Having an effect that doesn't actually get applied to anything would, I believe, be confusing for people.
    If it is not applied to something then in order to view it the player would need to expand the Effects and read it from the spell sheet, while trying to decipher what the effect actually does (something that is obvious for us but may not be for a player). At that point I think it would be easier to just open the spell (which can be done from the character sheet) and read the effect there (in plain english )

If you are going to go to the effort of creating an NPC to represent the wall wouldn't it be easier to just put those HPs and effects on the NPC sheet? The HPs would need to change, based on caster level, but that is a fairly quick thing for the DM to do. The other items remain the same. I realize you would need to create separate creatures for each wall but once they are created it would be easier to just grab the specific wall NPC rather than having to grab a generic wall NPC and then apply different effects to it.
    Note that if this route is used you would need to add multiple NPCs for the wall as the HPs are per 5 foot section so each of those 5 foot sections would need to be a different NPC.

I understand where you are coming from and what you are trying to accomplish but I don't think that the spellbook is the place to do that.

My concern with having effect entries as 'reminders' of what the spell does is that this causes unnecessary clutter and, in my mind, a level of confusion.
    agreed! my 19th level players already have WAY too much in their effects lists!

Svandal,
    When I see an effect I expect that is will be applied to something. Having an effect that doesn't actually get applied to anything would, I believe, be confusing for people.
    If it is not applied to something then in order to view it the player would need to expand the Effects and read it from the spell sheet, while trying to decipher what the effect actually does (something that is obvious for us but may not be for a player). At that point I think it would be easier to just open the spell (which can be done from the character sheet) and read the effect there (in plain english )

If you are going to go to the effort of creating an NPC to represent the wall wouldn't it be easier to just put those HPs and effects on the NPC sheet? The HPs would need to change, based on caster level, but that is a fairly quick thing for the DM to do. The other items remain the same. I realize you would need to create separate creatures for each wall but once they are created it would be easier to just grab the specific wall NPC rather than having to grab a generic wall NPC and then apply different effects to it.
    Note that if this route is used you would need to add multiple NPCs for the wall as the HPs are per 5 foot section so each of those 5 foot sections would need to be a different NPC.

I understand where you are coming from and what you are trying to accomplish but I don't think that the spellbook is the place to do that.
    Yes I agree with this when I think more about it. The walls and objects as NPC is the best way. Maybe some day I can make a objects module for this. Some day when my kids dont argue that much about going to bed, and I actually have the time to look into making a module 😁

Especially FGU has still some issues with long lists, especially the action tabs we have in 3.5e/PF1 Until that performance is improved, one can argue that omitting informational effects is for better performance

Thread Information