DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do a complete uninstall of FG - do that as Administrator. Then, login as the non-admin user and do a new install. Accept the standard FG directories this time.
    We had him try the reinstall to no avail. Tried resetting permissions on the original location. When the reinstall came back up, he said the directories tried to install it to the ABC file folder so he couldn't assign it to the standard.

We are using Steam to install the program. Not sure if that matters.

He has given himself edit rights, and tried running the program as an administrator as well, but he still can't nuke the file location because it gives him the same error.

I have a lot of NPC's though - and Im wondering if that is bogging down the game somehow?
    Last edited by TheJayde; June 11th, 2020 at 06:04.

All of the above except I get a new error. Also, would it matter that my %AppData% Fantasy grounds folder remains after switching to a new directory location?
    error 2.jpg https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...66/unknown.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Red Storm; June 11th, 2020 at 05:56.

Please provide a screenshot of each tab of the settings window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Please provide a screenshot of each tab of the settings window.
    This?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...028&height=578

Try another uninstall, and when FG has uninstalled use Window registry editor to remove (delete) this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds

This will remove any previous settings, including the install directories. Then try a new install and accept the defaults. Install as the windows user who will be using the computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Try another uninstall, and when FG has uninstalled use Window registry editor to remove (delete) this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds

This will remove any previous settings, including the install directories. Then try a new install and accept the defaults. Install as the windows user who will be using the computer.
    Alright so I did what you said. I also followed these directions and ran CC cleaner for good measure. I reinstalled FG and it still wants to install to ABC instead of the default folder in %AppData%. The same problem remains for me.

Additionally, I'm unsure if it's worth noting but I have the new Fantasy Grounds Unity on my PC as well. Any chance that could mess with this process?

Thank you very much for the help!

The location of the FG data is only held in the registry.

What version of Windows are you using?

The location of the FG data is only held in the registry.

What version of Windows are you using?
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363. Should be the most current instance of Windows 10 home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Storm View Post
    Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363. Should be the most current instance of Windows 10 home.
    Sene me your email by PM if you would like me ti have a quick look at your PC with you remotely.

This issue is persistent for me if anyone has any other ideas :/

Thread Information