DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Classic Bundle

Classic Bundle

So far, I only bought the 3 main rulebooks and Against Reptile as soon as they were released.

After that, I broke down and got two others. but pretty much stopped since not running games.
    However, if this ginormous bundle was broken up into one where all the handbooks (and probably the main 3 books) went and another with the modules (and 3 main books - if you got both bundles, you aren't buying it twice anyway) it would be more likely to get buy in.

It's too much to ask that FR stuff be separate than WoG stuff (2 different module bundles - both with 3 Rulebooks and the "non-world-specific" modules in both) but I figure mention it at least even if the first main thing hasn't happened.

Not sure what a complete buy today is, since I own several of the more expensive parts - but pretty sure it's a big one for single buy.

I've kept up with DLR because it started big but not HUGE and have kept up with new add ins as they happened.
    Stopped getting 5E bundle because newer stuff wasn't interested enough in to get considering it's not my preferred system. And I never DM 5E. Was just my FG support and to poke through the pretty maps with pins on it

Well, I looked and it would cost me $189 to finish the bundle. Great sale.

But, I do not want any of the "Complete Kits" and many of the FR material/adventures (could live paying extra for those maybe) - so I will take time on Fri night/Sat to plan out the ones I think I will ever get conservatively and pick some or all of those up and put to bed the waiting for a logically (to me, granted) split up Bundle like they did for 5E.

The good news at least is I'll be buying like 4-5 modules.

I just bought the entire 2nd edition set (except ravenloft, I hate it)... really nice sale. Thanks for all the hard work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I just bought the entire 2nd edition set (except ravenloft, I hate it)... really nice sale. Thanks for all the hard work.
    You would have saved more $ I believe had you completed the bundle.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    You would have saved more $ I believe had you completed the bundle.
    I do not believe so. In the bundle, the handbooks were 15.99 down from 19.99 if you complete the bundle. The sale was 11.99...

Right the prices there are not taking the bundle into account.

I did this for 5E bundle (ie my FG “subscription donation” cos doubt will ever run 5e.) once they were added to cart the prices were further reduced.

Only reason I went through 2E to pick and choose and now forever knocked completing it out of the bargain was I didn’t want to buy the FR stuff (all but one) and def not interested in Complete Handbooks. At least not until I ran out of things to buy. It was too much of a layout at once. With 5E I do it a couple at a time when on sale to double dip. For me the 2e was too big as an initial buy in and I held off buying 2e stuff hoping they would do like 5e. Now, it’s too late, I already bought the more expensive modules and items so other than Completes which I’m not big into, it’s not worth buying the ones I don’t want to complete the bundle. It would have been if they broke it before my last two purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I do not believe so. In the bundle, the handbooks were 15.99 down from 19.99 if you complete the bundle. The sale was 11.99...
    Short version, it would have cost 11.99 - x% (bundle discount, for example 20% if that is it, not on computer now)

well that sucks. I would have done that but the store is really not clear or easy to use when you are buying a lot.

I have 5 items I did not buy in the bundle. if I complete the bundle it shows $43.17 If I come in as a guest and just go grab the same 5 items it is also $43.17. So the bundle seems top be using the lower sale price but no bonus discount for the bundle.

That’s odd. I recall it different.
    I assume those 5 are on sale because I think all 2e is on sale. So I don’t get it.

Btw was typing a longer response saying how Smiteworks will help you out if you ended up losing money, cos that’s the kind of company SW is. Then saw your post and restarted.

I wish they’d added the bundle starting smaller so I could have kept up with it, instead of my not being able (my issue) to justify plopping that much at the start and therefore having to blow it off even in future by buying much of the most desired items separately.

But they listened to those of us asking for a bundle and plenty are able to justify the initial outlay. If I’d joined during 2e days I’d have the full 2e bundle and just player books from 5e.

Thread Information