DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Harrower PF1 In Fantasy Grounds

Hello,

I am thinking about playing a Witch/Harrower in our Pathfinder 1e game. For those who don't know what it is...

https://www.aonprd.com/PrestigeClass...mName=Harrower

I am not sure if there is a better place to post this. Overall the Harrower sounds really fun but I have to ask is it even feasible to run in Fantasy Grounds? I have been using Fantasy Grounds for over a year. I am thinking I would have to make an ability with buffs that just last until the end of my turn. So here are my thoughts/concerns.

Tower of Intelligence (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, whenever a harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Intelligence, she gains a +1 bonus on caster level checks made to penetrate Spell Resistance.
    - Is there anyway to add a spell penetration buff? I have never tried but I am thinking maybe there is a way to do this.

Tower of Strength (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, whenever a harrower uses her Harrow casting ability to augment a spell that deals damage to hit points, the spell deals +1 point of damage per die for each card from the suit of Strength she draws.
    - Is there anyway to add a buff to my character that adds +1 damage per damage die for spells? Only thing I can think of is making 4 versions of every spell for +1/+2/+3 but honestly that seems like it would be really tedious.

Tower of Charisma (Su): Beginning at 4th level, whenever a harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Charisma, the save DC of the spell increases by +1.
    -Is there anyway to add a buff that just raises the spell DC? I know I could just increase the casting stat but that could cause some other issues.

Tower of Constitution (Ex): Beginning at 7th level, whenever a harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Constitution, she heals 1d6 points of damage.
    -This one actually seems really easy, you just heal 1d6 per card I draw.

Tower of Dexterity (Su): At 8th level, whenever a harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Dexterity, she gains a +1 bonus on Ref lex saves and to AC until the beginning of her next turn.
    -This is another easy one that shouldn't be too hard.

Tower of Wisdom (Su): At 9th level, whenever a harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Wisdom, she increases the spell’s effective caster level by +1.
    -Is there a way to add a buff to caster level +1?

Thanks for any help. If it would be too much of a hassle I will probably just go pure Witch then.

Tower of Intelligence: There is a field to enter spell penetration in the caster class itself.
    Tower of Strength: You can add a second damage entry to spells with a fixed damage bonus. This would need to modified manually when you level up.
    Tower of Charisma: A simple way to increase the DC for a spell is to trigger a one roll effect that boosts your caster ability (Int in this case?) by 2. Kelrugem has built extensions that supports the DC: effect.
    Tower of Wisdom: No there isn't, and the effect of adding a caster level is going to vary from spell to spell (duration, damage dice, etc.) Your best bet is to just code up a second version of the spell in question with the appropriate changes.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Tower of Intelligence: There is a field to enter spell penetration in the caster class itself.
    Tower of Strength: You can add a second damage entry to spells with a fixed damage bonus. This would need to modified manually when you level up.
    Tower of Charisma: A simple way to increase the DC for a spell is to trigger a one roll effect that boosts your caster ability (Int in this case?) by 2. Kelrugem has built extensions that supports the DC: effect.
    Tower of Wisdom: No there isn't, and the effect of adding a caster level is going to vary from spell to spell (duration, damage dice, etc.) Your best bet is to just code up a second version of the spell in question with the appropriate changes.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the reply, the main issue is that these effects would happen whenever I cast a spell I would get 3 random effects and they could even be the same effect. So if I drew 3 intellect I would have +3 spell pen for that one spell. It might just not be feasible for FG. Only way I can think of it working would be to have buffs for my character. Otherwise manually changing characters stats and spells every time I cast a spell could be hard and probably not worth the effort. It seems like such a cool prestiege class though.

There is also a CLC effect for increasing caster level checks which you could use to solve the spell penetration issue for specific rolls. So for ToI you could have one action item with three different effects: [ROLL] CLC: 1, [ROLL] CLC: 2, [ROLL] CLC: 3. Ditto for the other options, three escalating DMG effects, three escalating ability score increase effects, etc. Granted, it is a complicated class to play but I think it's doable (other than the actual caster level increase which might be tricky).

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    There is also a CLC effect for increasing caster level checks which you could use to solve the spell penetration issue for specific rolls. So for ToI you could have one action item with three different effects: [ROLL] CLC: 1, [ROLL] CLC: 2, [ROLL] CLC: 3. Ditto for the other options, three escalating DMG effects, three escalating ability score increase effects, etc. Granted, it is a complicated class to play but I think it's doable (other than the actual caster level increase which might be tricky).
    Off the top of your head is there a DMG effect that would add +1 damage to each die? I have never had to use it before but was just curious for the game. For caster level I guess I could just manually change it on my sheet whenever I draw a "Tower of Wisdom" or just level Harrower to level 4.

No there isn't, but for many spells in PF it equates to +1/CL which is easily accomplished via a second DMG action, which can do per CL, per even CLs, per odd CLs (and if you're using Kelrugem's extensions CL/3). Examples:

Spell with dice/CL:

burning hands with extra per die.jpg

burning hands with extra per die 2.jpg

Spell with flat dice:

disintegrate 1.jpg

disintegrate 2.jpg
    Last edited by darrenan; September 8th, 2020 at 18:22.

Thread Information