DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Age of ashes (4, 5, 6) on FGU

Hi everyone!

I'm about to buy the remaining parts of the Age of Ashes campaign on FGU but I've seen that there is no LoS on them.
    What does it mean?

Thanks for the answers

It means that the maps haven't currently had the Line Of Sight added to them. You can still use everything in the module as normal, the maps included (and use masking), but if you want to use FGU line of sight you'll need to add it yourself.

I would imagine line of sight will be added to these modules at some point.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 11th, 2020 at 09:13.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I purchased Age of Ashes for FGU and had all the line of sight for the first book in the adventure path. I did confirm prior to purchase that the LOS was all in there.

Our campaign is on module 2 however we are in classic and the masking works well. I was going to migrate the game to Unity after a bit more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I would imagine line of sight will be added to these modules at some point.
    Has there been any news regarding the addition of LoS to these modules?

Quote Originally Posted by locron View Post
    Has there been any news regarding the addition of LoS to these modules?
    No LoS in Book 4

That said, Books 4-6 don't have any big dungeons so doing LoS yourself is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    No LoS in Book 4

That said, Books 4-6 don't have any big dungeons so doing LoS yourself is a piece of cake.
    That is a pity.

And I absolutely disagree on your statement that it is a piece of cake. Especially if you have barely any experience setting up LoS, it is quite a lot of work. (Furthermore the map in book 5 is mainly one big dungeon)

As background: I purchase these modules mainly because I want to have as few parts to prep as possible (I have up to two hours prep time per session). That's why I really enjoy the modules in general and the LoS being part of it.

I've added LoS to the maps in Book 4 ready for when my group gets there. Took me, maybe two hours, most of the maps were reasonably easy to do so that they were good enough for my usage with only one being a bit fiddly.

I'm on Book 4 and I'm dreading to do the LoS myself...
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Hi, just an update...

I'm the original developer who put these into Fantasy Grounds. There was a community member doing the LoS files (thus APs 1, 2, 3 having LoS) but he is no longer doing them. I am planning on going back in and finishing the LoS but was waiting until the dynamic lighting update happened (it is currently in test), so I can update these and the first three with lighting, as well.

Since dynamic lighting is in test (and has been for about a bit), I think we are getting real close to that going LIVE. Once it does, I will carve out some time to update the files.

So, they should all be updated within about a month.

That being said, if anyone wishes to submit the LoS files under the Community LoS project, you may do so. If not, I should have all these files updated by the end of the month. It really just depends on when the dynamic lighting goes LIVE.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information