DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Me and my friend have been trying to set up a server using your instructions. We were just wondering how other players join the server. There weren't any clear instructions on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dengel1392 View Post
    Me and my friend have been trying to set up a server using your instructions. We were just wondering how other players join the server. There weren't any clear instructions on that.
    They connect the usual way as players.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

you mean using the "public IP" provided by fantasy grounds when starting a campaign. Tried that it did not connect. So we are missing something.

Blog Entries
    If you are running a cloud game then your players should use your GM name (i.e. account/forum name). Test with a cloud public game to see that your firewall is not blocking.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Details on hjow to host/join a FGU game in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...to+Join+a+Game
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It still isn't letting us connect. We set up the server exactly as the instructions indicated. My friend, who set it up can log into it via remote desktop, but when I use the username and IP address it does not let me connect. Are there any missing instructions for port-forwarding or anything else?

See Post #13. I posted a link to information on how to do port forwarding.

I don't recall seeing the details, but are we talking about Unity or Classic? Also, if you're on the Discord, you might be able to get someone to help in a more real-time manner.

A couple of questions to perhaps clarify things:
    1) Classic or Unity
    2) What's the first couple numbers of the public IP that they're trying to connect to?
    3) What does the AWS console claim your public IP is?
    4) What rules did you add to your security group?

Thread Information