DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Curse of Stradh Death House Map

Hi All,

I recent got fantasy grounds with a few source books and curse of Stradh. I've been slowly learning how to work the programme however I have come across one particular issue and I don't know if I am being stupid and am missing something silly. When I open maps in unity in order to add fog of war or any adjustments I need to make I can't seem to resize the maps or zoom into a particular section etc. This becomes a particular issue in the Curse of Stradh module where the beginner adventure, the Death House has one image for all the maps making each map individually very small. I was wondering if anyone knows any way to zoom or crop the map in order to take it one section at a time and make that particular section bigger as playing with the maps as part of one image would be pretty impossible.

Any advice at would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Welcome

Scroll wheel zooms. See this for more info; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ctions#Windows

Or is it something else you are struggling with?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow don't I feel like an imbecile. Thank you for taking the time to answer such a silly question, it is greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    lol, I felt bad answering because I didn't want to seem like a jerk! But glad I understood and the answer was an easy one No harm, no foul!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGuy15 View Post
    ...open maps in unity in order to add fog of war...
    Just FYI, if this is Fantasy Grounds Unity, Death house player map is fully LOS compatible - you don't need a mask. Just unlock the map - click the eyeball - map will turn dark (LOS is active) and character will only see - what they see. It becomes an art form to use in this weird multi level single map layout because the LOS does not seem to be remembered between sessions. So what I do is drag the players back over everything in each panel (they are separate LOS if you are careful) so that things they have already seen show up for them in their maps. I also go over the house picture which is one giant LOS. You have to be careful you don't cross lines but it works. Your players also have to be adults and willing to stay within the walls they have actually progressed to if you use LOS. Of course I edit the room stories with internet images and special effects to make everything easier also.

Good luck with your sessions! I to have started with COS and have just finished our session 1 (they made it to 3rd floor of death house before we called it a night).

Not suffered any delays or catastrophic crashes yet - though first battle was messed up because it evidently matters where you drag players into map/CT from or bizarre things can happen (in special code at least - I have my own Death indicator and acted weird till stopped sharing the map - and reloaded the CT and map).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 3rd, 2020 at 23:25.

Thread Information