DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Struggling with module entry visibility

I am attempting to export a module with a number of Story (encounter) entries, some of which I want to be visible to players and others which I do not wish shared. I thought I could do this by putting the shared content in a client.xml file and the non-shared content in a db.xml file, but players are still able see all the entries from both files. Am I just misunderstanding this completely, or am I missing a detail somewhere that's affecting the visibility of these items?

When I do it within a campaign, it's easy to control this behavior by flagging the desired entries with <public>. How can I achieve the same results in a module?

Blog Entries
    You'd either make a totally separate .mod that has the player-facing Story pages, or make everything GM-only and set the Story pages you want players to see as Publicly Shared. The latter is how CoC7E handles a lot of its data in order to keep everything in one .mod but still have both GM-only and Player-facing content.

Thanks! The latter is what I was trying to achieve, but I hadn't realized I could actually manually put <public> flags on individual items in the module exactly the same as in the campaign file. Problem solved!

Thread Information