DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.3

MGT2 v1.1.3

Hi Folks,

Now that MGT2 v1.1.2 is finished and off to FG, I'm starting on the next iteration of the v1.1.X branch. As with v1.1.0, v1.1.0a, v1.1.1 and now v1.1.2. the primary focus is to add extra support for items found in Book 2, Central Supply Catalogue, which has recently been released.

• [Fixed] Secret Rolls. I've fixed the issue where the effects were being shown for Skill/Characteristic Rolls
    • [Fixed] Custom Armour. If Custom Armour didn't have a skill listed, it would error when rolling the attack action
    • [Fixed] Heavy Weapons. Heavy weapons (those over 100Kg) may be added to the Inventory depending on the new setting 'Allow Heavy Weapons over 100Kg in Inventory'. If allowed, they are not auto-carried
    • [Fixed] Heavy Weapons. Heavy weapons now display all the fields correctly
    • [Fixed] NPCs. Dragging custom weapons and armour onto the NPC sheet adds weapons actions/amour values once again
    • [Fixed] Ammo Damage Actions. Oddness was happening, I've told it to stop and it appears to have done that now
    • [Fixed] Damage. When double clicking damage with the Destructive Trait, the dice wouldn't roll as D60's
    • [Update] Character Status. Update the 'Character Status' section on the Action Tab, to hold a 'Current Value' for all Characteristics
    • [Update] PSI Skills. Allow Talents/Ability to be dragged anywhere empty on the Skill Tab
    • [Update] PC/NPC characteristic rolls. Optimised the code so that new Characteristics coming (LUCk, SANity, MORale etc) require no script functions changing
    • [Update] NPC Attacks. Now support Boon/Bane as well as the Desktop modifiers to the Attack rolls
    • [Update] Subdermal Armour. Is now shown on the Armour List, regardless of it's 'carried/worn' state
    • [Update] Ongoing Damage. Now does not ignore armour
    • [Update] Radiation Weapons. Radiation doesn't cause normal damage, it applies the Rads to the Travellers Radiation
    • [Added] Armour. Automate the degradation of certain Armour suits based on the Damage Type, ie Ablat and Laser fire
    • [Added] NPC Skills. Upon dropping a skill using Drag and Drop the NPC skills with be sorted in an alpha format
    • [Added] NPCs. Automate Damage for Melee skills adding STR DM
    • [Added] Ammo with AP Trait. Most AP trait ammo is now automated when dragging them onto the Weapon, for example 'Armour Piercing' if dragged onto a Sniper Rifle will update the Traits to be 'AP 8, Scope, Silent'
    • [Added] Ammo Weapons Applicable. You can only drag ammo onto a weapon suitable for that kind of Ammo, weapon types are Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Heavy. A message in the Chat window will inform you if there's an issue
    • [Added] Radiation Status. When affected by Radiation Damage from weapons/power plants leaking etc, the Rads will be shown and the corresponding status, once a new status is reached it's broadcast!

This version is now live.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; July 7th, 2020 at 15:04. Reason: Sent to FG
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thats sounds great - These sound like the right things to be working on atm!

Looking forward to it! Has anyone created a walk through or help documents for using FGU with Traveller 2.0? I've been working with my players to figure everything out on our own over the course of the last few weeks. It's got me contemplating putting together a video tutorial on the basics- how to share maps, conduct combat/healing, configure characters etc.

Morning All,

Post Tuesday night DnD I looked at the Armour Characteristics update.

I've had to send an email to Mongoose, to make sure my feelings on the are correct for Combat purposes.

But that meant I could start to modify the Character Status section to include all current Characteristics (and have space for more in the future).

• [Update] Update the 'Character Status' section on the Action Tab, to hold a 'Current Value' for all Characteristics
    • [Fixed] The Effect/Success/Failure messages are once again showing for Characteristic Rolls

I've got all the basics working and next up need to make sure all Skill/Actions use the DM's of the 'current' values.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Just because I've seen it somewhere else: as an effect, "Invisibility" would be a nice thing. I just scratch my head if this could grant a bonus on stealth rolls or a bane on perception rolls...

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Just because I've seen it somewhere else: as an effect, "Invisibility" would be a nice thing. I just scratch my head if this could grant a bonus on stealth rolls or a bane on perception rolls...
    Where have you seen that?

I think that was something in a YouTube video about FG and DnD ... not sure which.

You could probably have a high TL stealth suit provide a form of cloaking, like in Predator. I suppose real invisibility is possible with ancient tech or something like that. For cloaking I'd probably give boon to the stealth. For actual invisibility I'd just set the recon target at 12 or 14 and assume that if they make it the traveller saw some environmental change to indicate the presence rather than actually seeing them personally.

Also I'd likely put a limitation on real invisibility, like you could detect it with ultrasound (like in Shadowrun) or some other spectrum, or that they cannot initiate an action without a slight drop in power creating a shimmer or something.

Real invisibility in Traveller would be pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    You could probably have a high TL stealth suit provide a form of cloaking, like in Predator. I suppose real invisibility is possible with ancient tech or something like that. For cloaking I'd probably give boon to the stealth. For actual invisibility I'd just set the recon target at 12 or 14 and assume that if they make it the traveller saw some environmental change to indicate the presence rather than actually seeing them personally.

Also I'd likely put a limitation on real invisibility, like you could detect it with ultrasound (like in Shadowrun) or some other spectrum, or that they cannot initiate an action without a slight drop in power creating a shimmer or something.

Real invisibility in Traveller would be pretty powerful.
    I like the idea of TL15/16 Shimmersuits. Those that mirror the Predator, so they're not 100% invisible as they bend light around them to give the impression, or have armour coated in tiny leds that mirror behind etc. The latest Ghost in the Shell SAC 2049 has something similar. They also have the failing that they can be picked up on certain visual wavebands that Robots can 'see' in.

I also thought about the effect a "holo hull" could have on a ship. This is not too high TL (see high guard) to be feasible used. It could project space from "behind the ship", making it virtually invisible to the eye...

Thread Information