FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 18 First 1234513 ... Last
    Found a few more bugs and started color coding the penalties based on their source. Maroon = weight encumbrance.
    This isn't really dialed in yet because I can't figure out how to make it happen on its own (without the character having to drop/carry an item).
    v1.2.6

I'm not seeing any issues with a tower shield on this update so I think it's fixed that issue too

EDIT: I added 1.2.7 with GM settings. You can turn on/off coin weight, encumbrance penalties, and color-coding of the encumbrance penalties (that one is still not working 100%) individually in settings.

EDIT 2: I just posted 1.2.7.1 to make color-coding the encumbrance work all the time (at least in my testing).
    Last edited by bmos; June 15th, 2020 at 15:32. Reason: v1.2.7

Very slow day today, so I managed to almost finish version 1.3 (automated spell failure)!
    Here is a sneak peek of it triggering off of only somatic spells. It also knows which classes can ignore it for shields, light armor, ect.
    spell_failure_teaser.png

Between now and release I need to figure out how to have it roll automatically and trigger from one more place.
    Last edited by bmos; June 15th, 2020 at 21:08.

Sweet! Looks great. At the risk of sounding greedy... any chance of auto applying the Skill Mods?

This is the manual version we use in the combat tracker:
    Encumbrance Penalty; SKILL: -3, acrobatics, climb, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth, swim;

And by the way... everything is working well with the encumbrance and the shields, from what I can see.

Thank you very much for your work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobboNJ69 View Post
    Sweet! Looks great. At the risk of sounding greedy... any chance of auto applying the Skill Mods?

This is the manual version we use in the combat tracker:
    Encumbrance Penalty; SKILL: -3, acrobatics, climb, disable device, escape artist, fly, ride, sleight of hand, stealth, swim;

And by the way... everything is working well with the encumbrance and the shields, from what I can see.

Thank you very much for your work on this.
    They are actually applied already to the skills with the little breastplate icon, I just hadn't mentioned it

So glad to hear things are working!!

Feedback and new ideas are much appreciated!
    Last edited by bmos; June 18th, 2020 at 14:02.

*Medieval Trumpets*

v1.3 is now out with automatic spell failure rolls. As usual, you can turn it off in settings.
    I also left in the option to allow it to prompt in chat without auto rolling.

Next up: Including STR bonuses from effects in the carrying capacity calculations and then the skill effect you mentioned (which I thought was already happening but actually isn't -- it applies penalties for armor but not for encumbrance).
    Last edited by bmos; June 19th, 2020 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    *Medieval Trumpets*

v1.3 is now out with automatic spell failure rolls. As usual, you can turn it off in settings.
    I also left in the option to allow it to prompt in chat without auto rolling.

Next up: Including STR bonuses from effects in the carrying capacity calculations and then the skill effect you mentioned (which I thought was already happening but actually isn't -- it applies penalties for armor but not for encumbrance).
    Just be careful when it is about effects affecting the character sheet Here some thread about it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet#

Especially, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post466265

Trenloe and Celestian point out some things there (there can a lot of things go wrong Normally one should use the adjustment field in the sheet for such effect stuff when one wants to adjust the numbers shortly Of course, with effects affecting that would be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Just be careful when it is about effects affecting the character sheet Here some thread about it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52547-Effects-affecting-the-character-sheet#

Especially, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post466265

Trenloe and Celestian point out some things there (there can a lot of things go wrong Normally one should use the adjustment field in the sheet for such effect stuff when one wants to adjust the numbers shortly Of course, with effects affecting that would be nicer
    All very accurate concerns, I appreciate the very relevant threads!

I think I'm going to be okay because I'm not adding the value to any pre-existing values.
    There is already a box in the strength adjustment pop-up that allows one to modify their str so I changed the db entry for that box to manualstradj and made a new box called effectsstradj and i sum the two boxes to fill in stradj. that way I don't overwrite anything.
    I actually have it working but but I'm having a hard time moving between the necessary db nodes to make it work before the manual str has been updated (which is how it gets the right databasenode).

EDIT: I guess it would be nice to leave the character's stradj value in an 'exportable' state, I think I could make a few changes so that will be possible...
    Last edited by bmos; June 19th, 2020 at 20:27.

All very accurate concerns, I appreciate the very relevant threads!

I think I'm going to be okay because I'm not adding the value to any pre-existing values.
    There is already a box in the strength adjustment pop-up that allows one to modify their str so I changed the db entry for that box to manualstradj and made a new box called effectsstradj and i sum the two boxes to fill in stradj. that way I don't overwrite anything.
    I actually had it working the other day but I'm having a hard time moving between the necessary db nodes.
    Ah, that is a good idea to have an extra box, then it is easy to correct values whenever something went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, that is a good idea to have an extra box, then it is easy to correct values whenever something went wrong
    Thanks again for that thread, it made this so much simpler!
    I hadn't considered modifying the script that adds stradj and strength to have it also add another variable, but doing so keeps the database values clean (enough) and really simplified my code!

1.3.1.0. with skill penalties for encumbrance and live carrying capacity based on effects in the combat tracker should drop in the next day or two after I've gone through it a couple more times looking for any issues.
    It does seem to be working fully now though

Thanks again for that thread, it made this so much simpler!
    I hadn't considered modifying the script that adds stradj and strength to have it also add another variable, but doing so keeps the database values clean (enough) and really simplified my code!

1.3.1.0. with skill penalties for encumbrance and live carrying capacity based on effects in the combat tracker should drop in the next day or two after I've gone through it a couple more times looking for any issues.
    It does seem to be working fully now though
    Thanks, too

That gave me the idea to do the same for my CL effect That would solve the visual glitch I observed in that thread (technically, it is working but some displays may show wrong numbers though the correct one is then used in the combat) May make it easier to code (but sadly my thesis is a big time sink at the moment)

Thread Information