STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 18 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    ah I'm wrong, sorry
    they're in Ultimate Equipment, listed as 5gp, but it's their notes field that is +2d4 and so on (and that wont affect it as it's purely notes)
    scratch that, their value was listed as 5 gp, can't be that then!
    must have been the hats!
    If you give the update another shot and still have errors, you can just send me your DB xml file. I can see what alternative formatting might exist in it (since I know what the extension is vulnerable to).

Unrelated note: v1.6.2 is now out with a new option to enable/disable the messages in chat about misconfigured items (if you don't care and don't want to empty the cost field for that item or enter a specific value).
    Last edited by bmos; July 3rd, 2020 at 14:23.

Blog Entries
    @bmos,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

v1.7.0 now has total character wealth, along with the inventory total
    This saves you all the math of adding coins of different values! Currently supported: gp, pp, sp, cp, ep.

EDIT: v1.7.1 now with a few more fixes.
    Last edited by bmos; July 11th, 2020 at 12:34.

Got a new error with this one today,

"Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (gmonly) in windowclass (item_main)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:118: attempt to index global 'gmonly' (a nil value)"

Thought you might want to know

unsure origin, it doesn't appear in my main game, but in a test-module game I fiddle with, the item database there is whack, but anyway, an error might need sanitizing, might not!

Also, those inputs you sanitized before for things with indeterminate value, found another one which might need catching , official, "perfect golden lute" (ultimate equipment and ad. players guide), value "+-"

Got a new error with this one today,

"Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (gmonly) in windowclass (item_main)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_main.lua"]:118: attempt to index global 'gmonly' (a nil value)"

Thought you might want to know

unsure origin, it doesn't appear in my main game, but in a test-module game I fiddle with, the item database there is whack, but anyway, an error might need sanitizing, might not!

Also, those inputs you sanitized before for things with indeterminate value, found another one which might need catching , official, "perfect golden lute" (ultimate equipment and ad. players guide), value "+-"
    Thanks! Regarding the "gmonly" error, this is very strange as it's being called from a script that is essentially as released by SmiteWorks. I might be calling it in a strange way, but I'd tend to think it's related to your 'whack item database'. The +- syntax is very strange but shouldn't cause issue since it contains a hyphen (which tells the script to ignore the item and remind in chat that the value is bad). Did it bring up an error for you or just a chat message?

that wasn't an error, it was just a "might wanna watch that", but you've already handled it... I'll see if that first error comes up anywhere else

that wasn't an error, it was just a "might wanna watch that", but you've already handled it... I'll see if that first error comes up anywhere else
    Thanks, I can certainly put a nil check before that gmonly bit, if I have to, but I like to avoid changing SmiteWorks' code since it's been tested a lot more than anything I write. That file referenced is not included in my extensions, at this point.
    Last edited by bmos; July 11th, 2020 at 13:58.

v1.7.2 released to re-address some more nil value issues discussed here:

I thought I had them dealt with in v1.7.1, but they were still happening when deleting items.
    I triggered every handler this time when testing, so this should hopefully be the last update regarding this one!

Back I am about the spell failure https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528377&viewfull=1#post528377]from the other thread

Meet Ashara, an elven wizard. As you can see, her spell class says "Wizard" and altough you can't see it from here, I just equipped her a full plate armor (35% spell failure). The option for rolling is currently set as "Prompt roll".
    Testspellfailure1.png

This is the chat log, from after a few attempts (random clicking of cast icons; dropping a fireball on a celestial dog on the tracker, and even dropping a random scorching ray on the very same dog. (DISCLAIMER: No celestial dog was actually harmed during the testing).

Testspellfailure2.png

Yet no roll was prompted in any way: I don't know if anything should appear on the chat anyways. And yes, I tried to disable all other extensions already, but it still doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Back I am about the spell failure https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528377&viewfull=1#post528377]from the other thread

Meet Ashara, an elven wizard. As you can see, her spell class says "Wizard" and altough you can't see it from here, I just equipped her a full plate armor (35% spell failure). The option for rolling is currently set as "Prompt roll".
    Testspellfailure1.png

This is the chat log, from after a few attempts (random clicking of cast icons; dropping a fireball on a celestial dog on the tracker, and even dropping a random scorching ray on the very same dog. (DISCLAIMER: No celestial dog was actually harmed during the testing).

Testspellfailure2.png

Yet no roll was prompted in any way: I don't know if anything should appear on the chat anyways. And yes, I tried to disable all other extensions already, but it still doesn't work
    A fireball? you monster ;P
    The roll is triggered by marking off the spell (or clicking the star icon for cantrips/orisons), not the cast button (since some spells don't have any actions tied to that).

Thread Information