DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Terrain polygons math inccorect

Please disregard this post I was incorrect on both counts.

*The terrain appears to be occluding LOS on the backside instead of the "frontside" of the lines.
    *Note the "bush" I drew as a polygon and see how it only occludes LOS on the farthest lines. Most of the time it acts like a standard wall, not being able to see into the circle unless you step in.*
    *Also it looks like we can walk through walls now. It used to be moving the character token via keyboard stopped the token when it hit a wall. Not anymore.
    *Using Pathfinder RPG second edition ruleset v3.3.10 PF2 release 15.
    *CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11
    *FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JesterOC; June 1st, 2020 at 05:00. Reason: I did not understand how it was supposed to work

Quote Originally Posted by JesterOC View Post
    The terrain appears to be occluding LOS on the backside instead of the "frontside" of the lines.

Note the "bush" I drew as a polygon and see how it only occludes LOS on the farthest lines. Most of the time it acts like a standard wall, not being able to see into the circle unless you step in.

Also it looks like we can walk through walls now. It used to be moving the character token via keyboard stopped the token when it hit a wall. Not anymore.

Using Pathfinder RPG second edition ruleset v3.3.10 PF2 release 15.
    CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11
    FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-20)
    That's exactly how it should work (or I misunderstood your issue) You can look into the terrain, but not outside, except when you're standing in it

not sure about your other issue; then GM can always move player tokens through walls (in case you only tested that on GM side)

That is not how it used to work (for me at least).

Before If I had a bush I would draw a circle over it. When you are ten feet away from the bush you were able to see up to the edge of the bush but no further. In order to see into the bush you had to get into it. If you get into the bush you can see out of it. To me that makes a lot more sense than being able to see into every bush you see but not behind it.

That is not how it used to work (for me at least).

Before If I had a bush I would draw a circle over it. When you are ten feet away from the bush you were able to see up to the edge of the bush but no further. In order to see into the bush you had to get into it. If you get into the bush you can see out of it. To me that makes a lot more sense than being able to see into every bush you see but not behind it.
    Hm, different tastes then, I guess I like it because in that way one can see what type of obstacle there is while it still blocks vision

Hmmm...

My bad.. I guess this is how it it always worked. When I checked an old youtube video it works as you mentioned. I could have sworn it worked the way I had mentioned before... but that was about a month ago, perhaps just faulty memory.

I had wanted it to break line of sight to someone hiding in the bushes but I do agree, it is nice to be able see the item that is causing the obstruction. I will edit my initial post to make this a big nevermind.

Thanks for the feedback Kelrugem.

Hmmm...

My bad.. I guess this is how it it always worked. When I checked an old youtube video it works as you mentioned. I could have sworn it worked the way I had mentioned before... but that was about a month ago, perhaps just faulty memory.

I had wanted it to break line of sight to someone hiding in the bushes but I do agree, it is nice to be able see the item that is causing the obstruction. I will edit my initial post to make this a big nevermind.

Thanks for the feedback Kelrugem.
    ah, I see No worries Hm, you could always make the token invisible when it is in the bush (then it is even trickier: Someone sees the full image of the bush and thinks "Ah, there is noone", but secretly there is some token invisible hiding there May be more of a surprise then a "hidden" image of the bush which would remind the players to look into the bush then to unhide it )

Thread Information