DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New Tokens: Scale Me!

I've come up with a handy set of tokens to help with setting token to map scale (something that frustrates me a bit). I have nick named these tokens the "Scale Me" tokens, as thats just how you use them.

If all the tokens you use are the same scale, use the "Scale Me" token of that scale and place it upon your map. Then using the token scaleing option in Fantasy Grounds you can change the size of the token until the square matches the size of your character squares on your map - once its a match, lock the token scale.

Now whenever you place a token of the same scale onto your map, it will be the correct scale.

Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Very Handy

Once more Tails Silver Paws and the plucky forces of planet X, have saved the Day!

Great idea.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Since I only use square tokens I don't have this issue, but I can see where it would be very handy with those top down ones. Nice job!

rv

nice job

not only is the idea and implementation great but your little visual tutorial is nicely done.

Nice job.

-D

What Devinnight said.

Nice job! But one question where is the token scaling option in FG? When I right click a token on a map I can get a lock/unlock token scale but after that I have no idea on how to scale the token(s).

You don't really scale the tokens so much as scale the map. If you roll the wheel your map increases or decreases in size compared to the token(s).

I think you might also be able to accomplish much the same by holding down the control key and moving the mouse but I'm not sure.

You may only pick one scale factor so make sure all your tokens are about the same size.

Sigurd.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Thanks Singurd for the info, I was not sure if you could scale the tokens, but scaling the map works. I guess the best way to resize tokens is to use Adobe or Macromedia Fireworks etc…

Drop in a token, then use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out till the scale is right. Then right click on a TOKEN and there is an option to lock the token scale.

I LOVE this feature.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by Traygin
    Thanks Singurd for the info, I was not sure if you could scale the tokens, but scaling the map works. I guess the best way to resize tokens is to use Adobe or Macromedia Fireworks etc…
    by zooming the map in and out your also scaling the tokens. So just zoom the map in or out till the "Scale Me" token matches the size of your character squares, then lock the token scale.

Its that simple - no need to resize stuff in photoshop.

This also assumes all your tokens are the same scale too.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Thread Information