DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Player Character Alignment for Effects

Is the alignment field of the character sheet tied to the ALIGN effect condition?
    The Pathfinder 1e spell Rally Point only works on good characters and I'm trying to automate that with:
    Rally Point; IF: ALIGN(good); SAVE: 2 morale; ATK: 2 morale; 2 tempHP/CL (the temp hitpoints will be manually done).

If so, what's the right syntax for the alignment field on the notes tab?
    Last edited by bmos; June 1st, 2020 at 11:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Is the alignment field of the character sheet tied to the ALIGN effect condition?
    The Pathfinder 1e spell Rally Point only works on good characters and I'm trying to automate that with:
    Rally Point; IF: ALIGN(good); SAVE: 2 morale; ATK: 2 morale; 2 tempHP/CL (the temp hitpoints will be manually done).

If so, what's the right syntax for the alignment?
    Yes, so is size and type, too, it is in the notes tab I believe

So, the automation can be done But do your players not know who is good? Then I would apply the effect just to good characters without the IF (though it works with that, too). That keeps the CT cleaner and the performance is in general better (not that the performance would decrease a lot, just in sense of coding).

In general I do not really use IF: ALIGN, SIZE, TYPE on PCs because it is normally clear who has what such that one can apply directly the corresponding effect (if any), in such situations the IF-clause/check in the effect is somewhat redundant then (simply because I want to keep my CT as clean as possible ) IFT effects are here different of course, these I use, very often
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 31st, 2020 at 14:29.

I might not be giving my players enough credit, it's possible they know each other's alignment.
    Size and type they certainly would, although not everyone knows things like tieflings being outsiders.

Thanks for the pointers.

I might not be giving my players enough credit, it's possible they know each other's alignment.
    Size and type they certainly would, although not everyone knows things like tieflings being outsiders.

Thanks for the pointers.
    ah, so, a sneaky tiefling in the group

You're welcome

Yup, the party just caught on when she was taken below zero when wild shaped
    Not sure if they quite get it yet but it's starting to unfold

Yup, the party just caught on when she was taken below zero when wild shaped
    Not sure if they quite get it yet but it's starting to unfold
    hehe, sounds funny

Thread Information