Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Digital Adventures Presents: The Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds

Digital Adventures, LLC and Pinnacle Entertainment Group Present: The Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds!

Welcome to a revolution in gaming—Savage Worlds—a merger of the best ideas in roleplaying and miniature games! What’s so revolutionary? We’re glad you asked!

• It’s Fast! Savage Worlds is the fastest and easiest fully-detailed roleplaying game you’ll ever play! You can fight out massive battles quickly and easily—with your heroes’ allies and minions—in one simple, fast-playing system!

• It’s Furious! Characters gain awesome new abilities quickly, raising their attributes and skills and gaining powerful and exciting new Edges!

• It’s Fun! Savage Worlds was designed to be a Game Master’s dream! GMs can write adventures, create new villains and monsters, and run epic tales, all without lots of bookkeeping. And you won’t need computer programs, three rule books, and a half-dozen setting books to do it. You’ll find everything you need right here and in the Savage Setting of your choice!

• It’s also a Miniatures Game! Savage Worlds works as a miniatures battle game as well as an RPG. That means you can fight out your heroes’ epic battles to save the world right on the table-top! Or you can play a competitive battle with troops of your own design!

• It’s Complete! Savage Worlds was designed to be used with any genre—from swashbuckling pirates to superheroes and sci-fi.

• Inside you’ll find complete and simple rules for epic heroes, vehicles, chases, magic, superpowers, mass battles, skirmishes, and even guidelines for designing your own races and worlds!

... and now with the Savage Worlds Ruleset you can play this fast-paced game online using the virtual desktop software Fantasy Grounds!

What is include in The Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds:

• All of the rules presented in the Savage Worlds core product, converted to easy-to-access links on your Fantasy Grounds desktop.

• An already converted adventure module, AGAINST THE ORCS, complete with maps and tokens and ready for play!

• Easy to follow instructions for the Savage Worlds players and game masters unfamiliar with Fantasy Grounds, and how to use the Fantasy Grounds software for special SW game mechanics.

You can purchase the Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds at Digital Adventures Online store at: https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/, or via our OneBookShelf affiliates for only $10.00.

Screenshot of the ruleset can be seen here: https://www.digitaladventures.net/im...screenshot.png

This product has been created for use with Fantasy Grounds version 1.05f, and assumes you have the FULL 1.05f version of FG installed (the paths should be the same for the LITE version). This product was developed with the 1.05f patch for Fantasy Grounds, so please update your installation accordingly. This product will not work with any other version of Fantasy Grounds. For information on product updates and upgrades visit our website at: www.digitaladventures.net.

This Savage Worlds product is written for the Fantasy Grounds software from SmiteWorks. For more information on products from Pinnacle Entertainment Group visit their website at https://www.peginc.com. For more information on Fantasy Grounds see their website at https://www.fantasygrounds.com. This product is Copyright 2007, Pinnacle Entertainment Group & Digitial Adventures,
    LLC. Used with permission from Pinnacle Entertainment Group. This product's format, programming code, and presentation is copyrighted by Pinnacle Entertainment Group and Digital Adventures, LLC. Redistribution by print or by file is strictly prohibited.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Thore_Ironrock; April 9th, 2007 at 18:00.

This is great - since I switched to Savage Worlds 6 weeks ago after 10 years of slavery. I am curious how the ruleset handles the wild die and the initiative cards. Is it possible to role both dice at once. Are players dealt cards?

Thx ahead.
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

Quote Originally Posted by Ilwan
    This is great - since I switched to Savage Worlds 6 weeks ago after 10 years of slavery. I am curious how the ruleset handles the wild die and the initiative cards. Is it possible to role both dice at once. Are players dealt cards?

Thx ahead.
    Hi Ilwan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to deal cards in this version Fantasy Grounds. We use a /die mechanic to determine cards in this version, and Wild Dice and initiative is tracked with a image-tracker and tokens. We've had several play test sessions, and it works very well. We also give card tokens to keep visual track of things.

The good news is that we've already figured out how to deal cards in FGII, and we'll have that for the upgrade of the SW product to that version. As of right now we don't have a release date for the FGII version (in addition to the actual FGII release), but it is definitely on the radar!

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thore_Ironrock
    Hi Ilwan,

Unfortunately, there is no way to deal cards in this version Fantasy Grounds. We use a /die mechanic to determine cards in this version, and Wild Dice and initiative is tracked with a image-tracker and tokens. We've had several play test sessions, and it works very well. We also give card tokens to keep visual track of things.

The good news is that we've already figured out how to deal cards in FGII, and we'll have that for the upgrade of the SW product to that version. As of right now we don't have a release date for the FGII version (in addition to the actual FGII release), but it is definitely on the radar!

Thanks!!
    Greetings Ilwan

As one of the guys who worked on it - as well as the chief playtester - I can honestly say it handles everything pretty dang well considering the limitations we have with v1.05f

This is definitely NOT a d20 ruleset - it looks, and feels completely different

As for conversions - well...its on my list of things to do Just as soon as I get settled in denmark here in a couple of days

I will be posting for an SW campaign in the near future - as soon as I get settled, and have a chance to organize some thoughts

Also look for more goodies for the SW ruleset
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Dang... I gotta win a a lottery! There are just too many systems and campaigns out there..... Savage Worlds is one on my list to try...
    All things in life are questions of balance/or timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf
    Dang... I gotta win a a lottery! There are just too many systems and campaigns out there..... Savage Worlds is one on my list to try...
    Well - I can honestly say - working on Savage Worlds was a dream come true for me Kevin and the gang were great to work with And I can't wait to see some of the other things in my head come to life

As I said - once I'm settled, and find out if I have a job right away in Denmark, I may be putting a call out for an SW campaign, as well as "Savage World" intro sessions for people who are interested in this fantastic system
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan
    As I said - once I'm settled, and find out if I have a job right away in Denmark, I may be putting a call out for an SW campaign, as well as "Savage World" intro sessions for people who are interested in this fantastic system
    I'd really like to be in an intro session. I always like trying new game systems.

So, hurry up and move, get settled and get a job!

Good luck on the move.

rv

Greetings Ilwan ....

As for conversions - well...its on my list of things to do Just as soon as I get settled in denmark here in a couple of days

Welcome to Denmark, it's nice these days.

I am curious - although I haven't done FG in a while. My groups are all back here in Copenhagen and as I said, we´ve changed to SW. Ill problably get the ruleset anyway - to get the FG feeling back and who knows: a session or two online in FG between the gaming nights, now that SW is available.
    MAPVENTURES
    https://www.mapventures.com
    Fantasy Adventures, Maps & Electronic Modules

I am curious - although I haven't done FG in a while. My groups are all back here in Copenhagen and as I said, we´ve changed to SW. Ill problably get the ruleset anyway - to get the FG feeling back and who knows: a session or two online in FG between the gaming nights, now that SW is available.
    Vince and I talked about this today. For anyone who has purchased the ruleset Vince will be running short adventures on a limited basis for anyone that wants to play. We have to come up with an adventure or two (other than the enclosed one) so that should give people a week or two to make their purchase and get familiar with the product.

Welcome to Denmark, it's nice these days.

Hey! Maybe we can finally get in a game together.

rv

Thread Information