DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[3.5] Spell Actions - Healing and Self Targeting

Hello,

I wanted to add a custom spell effect that provides healing to the character himself. I added a Spell Class => Add Spell => Add Spell Action => Add Heal.
    I set up the dice and it works fine.
    My only issue is that I need the healing effect to work only on the character himself. So that if I use the spell and have (for example) targeted a monster it will heal the character and not the monster.
    I know I can change targets, but it's rather cumbersome and prone to mistakes so I'd rather always make it heal the character himself.

I found a few examples, more specific the example how to make a healing potion. On that example when creating the healing effect it had the option to target self only (I think it was 5e). Is there any similar options for 3.5?
    If not is there a way to add it? For example is there a way to add an IF check or force it to change target to the character?

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaju View Post
    Hello,

I wanted to add a custom spell effect that provides healing to the character himself. I added a Spell Class => Add Spell => Add Spell Action => Add Heal.
    I set up the dice and it works fine.
    My only issue is that I need the healing effect to work only on the character himself. So that if I use the spell and have (for example) targeted a monster it will heal the character and not the monster.
    I know I can change targets, but it's rather cumbersome and prone to mistakes so I'd rather always make it heal the character himself.

I found a few examples, more specific the example how to make a healing potion. On that example when creating the healing effect it had the option to target self only (I think it was 5e). Is there any similar options for 3.5?
    If not is there a way to add it? For example is there a way to add an IF check or force it to change target to the character?

Thank you for your time.
    you could drag&drop the heal button onto the character's token or entry in the combat tracker instead

and welcome in the forum :P

Thank you for the suggestion.

While drag and drop and self targeting works, I would still prefer for the action to auto-target self, or just self-heal.
    I don't mind doing a lot of extra work once and have it setup the way I want, as it will pay off in the long run.

Thank you again for taking the time to look into my issue.

Thread Information