STAR TREK 2d20

NPCs Don't Die When HP Reaches Zero

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if this is a bug in the functionality, but I've noticed that when running encounters my NPC's and monsters don't acquire the "dead" effect when their HP reaches 0. Instead they get the effects "unconscious" and "stable". I have the option for auto-stabilizing NPC's disabled in the settings, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. I would very much prefer that my bad guys just be dead when they die. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

This seems to happen entirely at random. Has anyone else run into this or is it just me?

There is a toggle somewhere between lethal and non-lethal damage on an attack, but I've yet to figure out where it is. I would think either on the actions tab of the Character Sheet or the Combat Tracker, but haven't found it. Might be a keystroke or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Transbot9 View Post
    There is a toggle somewhere between lethal and non-lethal damage on an attack, but I've yet to figure out where it is. I would think either on the actions tab of the Character Sheet or the Combat Tracker, but haven't found it. Might be a keystroke or something?
    Right. So, there is a "Nonlethal" modifier under the Modifiers menus (shown at the top of the screen as the "+/-" icon), which should, in theory, create the exact effect that I'm seeing. The problem is that I'm not using it and that modifier is not active when this is happening in my game. I've checked. For some reason, FG is randomly making PC attacks nonlethal and I can't figure out why.

OK... Actually, I've figure out that this seems to only happen when the killing blow is a critical hit. For some reason any time I roll critical damage it is applying as nonlethal. I'll report this in the "Bugs" topic.

Thanks for continuing to update and add information. It's very helpful to the dev team and to those who may be struggling with something similar.

Thread Information