DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by myogaman View Post
    I’m currently making a module that automates character generation and contains the weapons. I’ll put in more items and leave the background mechanics to our main man OP.

As for deciding what requires the books and what doesn’t. I will be leaving out setting flavor text and rule explanations (unless its related to weapons or modding a stat or skill).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fDk...w?usp=drivesdk

If this does violate R Talsorian’s terms, I will remove it immediately. These guys are a godsend and deserve every penny for what they have done.

Readme is in Story until I figure out a better system. Melee and Old School weapons aren’t in yet.

EDIT: Requires the extension!!
    Re: Weapons, thinking about it, RTal doesn't own the copyright to things like the H&K (or colt or ... etc etc) name or models such as the MP5, so it should be fine, right? I mean, with only the names and yeah, not the flavour text. Worse case scenario, Arasaki becomes like Narasaki (A merger between the Nara and Nagasaki Corporations? ) and Miltech becomes Militech (which honestly is a better name as it is more effective portmanteau of Military and Tech.)
    I inputted all of the weapons and armour from the core book into my "module" (right now, it's not a module, but I was producing it as a module). I was planning on putting other items in there too, but the extension seems to be unhappy when I ask it to roll an attack roll.
    Last edited by Verenti; July 5th, 2020 at 17:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Verenti View Post
    Re: Weapons, thinking about it, RTal doesn't own the copyright to things like the H&K (or colt or ... etc etc) name or models such as the MP5, so it should be fine, right? I mean, with only the names and yeah, not the flavour text. Worse case scenario, Arasaki becomes like Narasaki (A merger between the Nara and Nagasaki Corporations? ) and Miltech becomes Militech (which honestly is a better name as it is more effective portmanteau of Military and Tech.)
    I inputted all of the weapons and armour from the core book into my "module" (right now, it's not a module, but I was producing it as a module). I was planning on putting other items in there too, but the extension seems to be unhappy when I ask it to roll an attack roll.
    Wanna make a github and collab a database?

Blog Entries
    The bulk of content in any rulesystem is in itself unable to be protected - as you say a weapon name that is not unique to that system.
    However the collection of information, he way its presented, descriptions, unique names and many other things are protected.

If you create a module containing the weapon names - including stats and excluding descriptions - even better in the description write: see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide p202 or see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide - Equipment or similar - that should be ok.

The module should make the mechanical components of the game play easier. It should not in any way detract from peoples need to own the actual rules (physical or electronic) to run/play the game.

If the author or publisher issues any requests to alter/remove info please honor that request quickly and politely.

This is not legal advice and the advice may change at any time...

Quote Originally Posted by myogaman View Post
    Wanna make a github and collab a database?

Sure. I have no idea how github works, but we can collaborate. We should probably set up some to to communicate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The bulk of content in any rulesystem is in itself unable to be protected - as you say a weapon name that is not unique to that system.
    However the collection of information, he way its presented, descriptions, unique names and many other things are protected.

If you create a module containing the weapon names - including stats and excluding descriptions - even better in the description write: see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide p202 or see Cyberpunk 2020 Players Guide - Equipment or similar - that should be ok.

The module should make the mechanical components of the game play easier. It should not in any way detract from peoples need to own the actual rules (physical or electronic) to run/play the game.

If the author or publisher issues any requests to alter/remove info please honor that request quickly and politely.

This is not legal advice and the advice may change at any time...
    Absolutely. A good rule of thumb in any situation.

Worst-case scenario, it seems, the data just can't be shared beyond our project. Besides, I have no interest to transcribe that much information. Personally, I just have an interest in making the ruleset work in system enough that I don't need to get any players in a said game sitting there with a copy of the rules vis-a-vis inventory. Or as less as possible.

https://github.com/nickandwolf/CP_CP3002.2

Well whoever wants to help out, please go ahead. I'll figure out more github as time goes on.

Things I need to figure out:
    1) How to break up items/tables/etc into individual files
    2) Integrate the Cyberpunk2020 character sheet (with drag and drop functions for Roles and stuff)

DISCLAIMER
    As damned has pointed out, we need to ensure whatever is put in here does not render the book obsolete.
    I am looking at past open source media that R. Talsorian has approved, such as the Data Fortress with Interlock Unlimited and the Cyberpunk Wiki, to determine what endangers R. Talsorian's copyright and intellectual property.

Some things to keep in mind:
    1) We are NOT publishing a reference manual.
    2) Items, to include weapons, armor, and cybertech are fine to put in. Along with their descriptions.
    3) How to properly use items (like poison or drugs with the injector gun) also does not render the book useless.

To Render the book useless, it must contain detailed instructions on how to run the game outside of FGU. Automation of the rules and instructions on how to use items, skills, roles, and cybertech doesn't violate this. Descriptions of items, skills, roles, etc also does not render the book moot.

If we expose the setting, characters, and provide step-by-step details on how to roll the rules outside of FGU, that will be bad. I can't come up with many specific examples because I don't know how automating fully automatic gunfire will work in FGU right now. But we should try to reduce rule explanations as much as possible while allowing folks to roll dice without constant book reference. CP2020 is notorious for its involved combat and intricate dice rolls for character development. I want to ease that. I also want to ease purchasing items and installing cyberware. I believe we can do that without hurting R. Talsorian and give them a much needed boost and exposure for this community.

The more we automate, the less we run into legal problems.

I AM NOT A LAWYER, MY ABOVE OPINIONS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
    If at any point R. Talsorian tells us to stop, we are going to STOP. We don't hurt the ones we love.

Sorry if this sounds all over, it's been a long day and I don't have the brain power to write something good/professional.

EDIT: I do not mean to start a he-said/she-said war with damned. I am using the Cyberpunk Wiki as justification for descriptions. I will yield to whatever authority, I have no hubris to sacrifice for this project if it means deletion.
    EDIT EDIT: I have contacted R. Talsorian for guidance. Descriptions and Universe-specific item names do seem to be the greatest threat to their copyright.
    Last edited by myogaman; July 6th, 2020 at 14:12.

I have no idea how to request membership on that project. Any clue?

Ran my first game using the extension and it went great!

Quick question: is there any way to target an NPC on a battlemap and when damage is rolled, have the damage applied to the NPC sheet, or does that need to be done manually?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by azurecobalt View Post
    Ran my first game using the extension and it went great!

Quick question: is there any way to target an NPC on a battlemap and when damage is rolled, have the damage applied to the NPC sheet, or does that need to be done manually?

Thanks!
    I've been applying it manually.

Yeah, I can just do it manually. Thanks!

I guess my wish list right now is:
    1) Initiative modifier box for PCs like in the NPC sheet
    2) A way to use languages so only those PCs who speak a language see the output in the chat window
    3) A way to enter "Expert" or other wildcard skills on the main tab

Thanks again!

Thread Information