FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 16 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Also make sure FG is installed on a SSD, FG seems to access the hard drive alot
    When I purchased FGU, did I miss this system requirement statement somewhere?
    If so, I would not have purchased FGU because I do not have an SSD.
    If it is not listed, maybe they should list it to prevent people purchasing FGU and getting frustrated.

"Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    DirectX 9 or better
    DirectX 9.0 compatible video adapter
    RAM: 4 GB
    Internet Connection"

My computer easily meets the listed requirements.

And for what it is worth, I have written several small games in the Unity Engine and I know that Unity has it's quirks as well.
    But man, as I said previously, this sucks!

One other thing, Dungeon Painter Studio is only $15 and works really well, easy to make your own tiles for it as well. And the developer actually said there is an update coming.
    Last edited by GaryMon; June 1st, 2020 at 15:16.
    FGU Ultimate License. Just getting my feet wet, so far.

And for those of us new to Fantasy Grounds, and decided to invest in the current version of the package and not the older one ...

it takes a couple of months, just to figure out the environment, let alone make a judgement call that something should be returned on a 30-day return policy.

It's your new users too, that are suffering. That's NOT good news ... at least to a marketing person, who's job it is to expand the customer base and make happy customers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMon View Post
    When I purchased FGU, did I miss this system requirement statement somewhere?
    If so, I would not have purchased FGU because I do not have an SSD.
    If it is not listed, maybe they should list it to prevent people purchasing FGU and getting frustrated.

"Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    DirectX 9 or better
    DirectX 9.0 compatible video adapter
    RAM: 4 GB
    Internet Connection"

My computer easily meets the listed requirements.
    SSDs are not a requirement. My ~8 year old laptop runs FGU just fine for games with 7 players every week. As has been said repeatedly, it's not a hardware issue and it's not a new/old issue. It's complex.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    And for those of us new to Fantasy Grounds, and decided to invest in the current version of the package and not the older one ...

it takes a couple of months, just to figure out the environment, let alone make a judgement call that something should be returned on a 30-day return policy.

It's your new users too, that are suffering. That's NOT good news ... at least to a marketing person, who's job it is to expand the customer base and make happy customers.
    I highly recommend using the subscription model for a few months to find out if FG is a good fit for your group. I also would not recommend FGU for new users as it's in beta and unstable.

Once they decide if FG is right for them perhaps FGU will be at a stable point then use the subscription there and if after a couple months they are happy can go all in for the full purchase if they want.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I understand SSD's are not a requirement, I was just making a point, all though badly.

I also know it is complex, as I said, I have dabbled in making a few games in the Unity Engine, mostly MMORPG's. I have never released anything, it was just for learning ( networking and building sql databases for a game sucks, btw ). I do know that the Unity engine in itself has some "performance quirks".

And while I do have my regrets, I also know that when they get this fixed, I will have regretted not getting FGU in the first place. So it is a double edge sword there. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

I will continue learning to make extensions and modules, and hopefully be able to run some small sessions, I only have 3 players anyway, I should be able to figure something out.
    FGU Ultimate License. Just getting my feet wet, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    For anybody who find FGU is not meeting their wants, FG has a 30 day money back refund. Just email [email protected] and ask for a refund. Then if you want you can purchase FGC and when you decide FGU is ready for you, then buy FGU.
    What if you purchased the kickstarter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    What if you purchased the kickstarter?
    Don't know. But since KS supporters have had more than 30 days access I doubt it. But you can always email support and ask.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Don't know. But since KS supporters have had more than 30 days access I doubt it. But you can always email support and ask.
    Honestly, I'm not that concerned about the money. I'm just worried that FGU may not ever work as smoothly as FGC does. I think Smiteworks is a great company and I have nothing but praise for them and what they have accomplished. I hear nothing but horror stories and my own attempt at using it was a disaster. I won't touch it again until it's out of beta (if ever).

Yeah, FGU is a total disaster. They never should have put it into the wild until it was in MUCH more stable condition. It also lacks the "wow" features newer VTTs have (video, audio chat, video maps, etc.).

It is NOT beta software. No beta software should take 60+ seconds to access a table of 100 items no matter the underlying system (Unity, etc.). That's just ridiculous and there is no excuse for it.

I have a subscription to FGC right now, but I don't know if I'll go to FGU when it's ready to release (in 2029 apparently). I'm closely watching other VTTs to see how they are coming along with automaton.

Automaton is really the only thing other VTTs don't have. They are already light years ahead of FGU in other areas.
    Last edited by jackkerouac; June 3rd, 2020 at 08:02.

Thread Information