FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Chase Mode Not Working?

Hi,

I watched Kevin Doswell's great video on running chases in FGU, but I can't seem to get the chase to enable properly. Kevin shows how enabling chase mode forces the range to remain the same up and down the columns, not adding distance for diagonals. When I try this, it acts exactly the same as when the chase button is not toggled and adds distance as I move up and down a column. Is this now bugged, or is this just an issue at my end for some reason?

Not running any extensions beyond SWADE.

Thanks.

I think I had the same thing when running my game on Saturday, I noticed that the ranges seemed off.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I have been unable to duplicate what he did at all. I have not tried in test mode so maybe it hasn't been fully implemented yet.

I hate to bump an old thread, but I might be having a similar problem. I can get the cards on the map to show as chase cards, but it doesn't seem to do chase complications and the other features in the much-linked video don't seem to work. Is this an issue for everyone right now?

Did you enable chase mode on the map window?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I did, yes. And the cards show on the map as Chase Cards, so the system definitely understands that I am doing chase mode. But it doesn't do the complications.

Does this work in FG Unity? I can't find it.

for @tintagel - the Chase is there for FGU (on your map/image, there are 3 dots with a triangle under it by the lock/unlock icon - if you hit that it brings up the traditional tools, including the AOL running man icon ).

But its not working for me otherwise. I have it on, dealt cards to the map, they say they are chase cards - but the CT does not indicate potential hazard when that token is on a Club. I am pretty sure it worked around the beginning of the year when I switched over to FGU.

I am using FGU 4.0.0 2020-10-01 Build
    v5.2.8 SWADE
    Dark Theme.
    SciFi Companion and Lost Colony - Million Miles adventure loaded. One custom content module that does not change any underlying SW things (its content, not rules)

Screen Capture attached.

Chase.png

I just want to bump this. Even after a few FGU updates and today's SW update, Chase Mode does not appear to work (rewatched DOSWALK's video, turned on chase mode, cards show as chase tokens on the map - but range is still as normal mode and complications do not post in chat on a Club action card).

SW: v5.2.9
    FGU: 4.0.1 2020-11-11

Thread Information