DICE PACKS BUNDLE

More crashes than usual?

I have noticed over the last two evenings that FGU has been crashing far more than usual. I was running a session last night and FGU crashed about 2 1/2 hours into the game, in the middle of a combat. I restarted, the players restarted, we got a few more turns of combat in and FGU crashed again. Also, at least 3 of the players had crashed out and had to restart earlier in the game.

Tonight I was also running a session and FGU crashed (again, about 2 1/2 hours into the game). I restarted, the players restarted, and FGU crashed again while I was still reopening the windows.

I have has FGU crashes during games before, but not so regularly. Has anyone else noticed had this happen recently? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it? I can't check the logs because they seem to be cleared by the crash.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to FGU forum.

The logs are cleared when you restart FG. You need to capture (copy) them before you restart.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Unfortunately, capturing the logs doesn't seem to be possible. When the crash happens, a small rectangular window pops up in the middle of the screen (white background with a logo on it, no words that I recall), a red progress bar moves from left to right across the bottom of the pop up window and then the program closes - no chance to examine the logs.

Blog Entries
    Look at your System Events Viewer. Logs there do not get deleted by FG.

I also thought the FG logs do not get deleted until the next time you start FG, so double check that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Good idea about the System Events Viewer - I can see events where FG has crashed. The data means nothing to me, so I guess I should copy the logs and send them to the support team.

Thread Information