Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    If you switch to combat it only shows you spell you could actually cast. This means the spell needs to be prepared for it to show it to you.
    If you go into preparation mode you can click the circles to the left of it to prepare it and then it'll show in the combat mode. My advise would be to not use combat mode and just stay with the standard mode, since this system is a remnant of the Pathfinder system, where most classes actually need to prepare spells, this isn't true for Starfinder though.

Ah! That makes lots of sense. I will avoid COMBAT.

What I'm really trying to avoid, and I have had to, to correct problems, is exporting a character's XML, and editing it by hand to fix issues.

Case in Point-> RP's seem to be calculating wrong in Character Creation. When I "created" Navasi, her RP's came up 2, even though her PDF says 3, and Madman's char had 3, and when I verified it with the Core Rulebook, I agree, it should be 3. I had to fix by hand.

Madman's Char Sheets had LABELS on the Inventory Tab --> Financial Assets. A new char sheet comes up blank in this area.

Those are the two most obvious things I can think of - I know there were more.

I think Spell-Like Abilities is tracked with Prepared casting. It may be a remnant of Pathfinder it does have it's use. Until something else gets implemented that is.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I think Spell-Like Abilities is tracked with Prepared casting. It may be a remnant of Pathfinder it does have it's use. Until something else gets implemented that is.

Madman..
    I agree it does have its use but personally I put spell-like abilities in the actions tab (where it works a little different than in the spells tab and actually how it should for starfinder as well), so for me and my players it only caused confusion to find it in the spells tab. But we make it work anyway

For the RP issue, that one resolves itself when you make the character take a long rest (most of the time).
    And the financial assets is an issue, thats true you do need to edit the xml files for that.

OK. Well, I'm getting pretty good at editing XML now.

I look forward to the day where I won't have to.

Addendum: Putting her in the CT and doing a Long Rest restored her RP, just like you said.
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; September 25th, 2020 at 01:05.

Question? What are you editing in the Financial assets? What does not work?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by madman; September 24th, 2020 at 18:55.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Question? What are you editing in the Financial assets? What does not work?
    The names of the different assets are not changeable. I wrote about it here in 1.4.2.

Here's a new char sheet I JUST brought up. Updated this AM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This post has gotten a tad off base. Please start a new thread if the discussion is not related to the OP.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Vacendik View Post
    How do you make the Drone for the Mechanic and assign it to him as a companion? I have made a character, which is working ok for now, but there is a companion section and I'd like to use it if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Original design was to create a Drone with PC sheet as it has leveling abilities like a normal PC does. After Companions came out we added the ability to make and add them to the PC sheet. But Drones were not considered Companions.

With the new update coming out soon we have added the ability to drop and link to your Drone to your PC Sheet on its own line. The link it makes, will open a mini-sheet with your Drones stuff listed. You will be able to switch between Full and Mini sheet thru the Link button on PC and Full button on the Mini sheet.

Attachment shows Character sheet and both Mini and Full Drone sheets.
    Last edited by Samarex; October 4th, 2020 at 14:29.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information