STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Mechanic Companion

How do you make the Drone for the Mechanic and assign it to him as a companion? I have made a character, which is working ok for now, but there is a companion section and I'd like to use it if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

The character sheet is used for drones not the companion sheet. You are doing it the way it was intended to be done.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Madman is right, you're doing it right. The companion rules from Alien Archive 3 are completely different than the drone rules - and the companion sheet was designed for AA3's rules. Drones are built using the standard character sheet with a Drone class and from there things just need to be tweaked manually.

So, I'm trying to create Scout - Hover Drone for Quig Mechanic. Everything makes sense, except the Skill Bonus for Acrobatics (+7) and for Perception (+3.)

I understand that the Acrobatics bonus comes from a Trained Skill in Acrobatics, from Class Feature - Skill Unit (Ex), w/1 Rank, but I can't figure out where the +4 onto Perception (-1) ==> +3, is coming from.

Also, since Drones don't get skill ranks, do I just put a +4 in Misc?
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; September 19th, 2020 at 23:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    So, I'm trying to create Scout - Hover Drone for Quig Mechanic.
    Hey, I like you're enthusiasm about Starfinder, but I have no idea what you are talking about half of the time in any of the threads. I don't know about anyone else but I never used the premade characters and I never will. You should provide a link to these things. I'm pretty sure the developers would appreciate that too. If Paizo provides these characters for free it should be fine if you attach the PDF you have a question for as well otherwise the link like I said.

Yes, we are just starting with Starfinder, and honestly the character creation process is more complicated that D&D 5E, like a lot more! :-)

I'm just wanting to get my kids started in Starfinder, and the Pre-Gens make it easy for the first go 'round. We were discussing SF this weekend and everyone is awed and amazed at how expansive SF is! Honestly, if Paizo DIDN'T have Pre-Gens, and they were asked to create a character, they wouldn't know where to begin!! By giving them some experience with the Pre-Gens, when they DO start creating their own characters, they will have an idea of what they can do! (and, their Dad will be much more versed on character creation.)

Working to replicate the Pre-Gens in FGU has been a significant learning experience for me!

And yes, once I have these Pre-Gen .xml's ironed out, I was going to post them here - for everyone.

Here is the Free Pre-Gen PDF link: https://paizo.com/products/btpy9ukw?...ted-Characters

Most pregens you can find (already built) in this module.

OK. This is interesting. I did search on Pre-Gens and didn't find this, but no matter, I can verify mine with his!

Thanks!

(I did find another post which had one or two .xml's in it, but they weren't that useful.)

I did not do the Vanguard pre-gens yet, the rest should be good. I do not remember why I didn't do the Vanguard yet. I think I was waiting for something to be fixed.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Here's a question relative to Spells and SFRPG Ruleset.

I created a number of characters and added Spells to their Spells Tab, such that it looks just like Madman's Pre-Gen chars. Now, when I toggle the Mode button at the bottom, between Standard, Preparation and Combat.

Now with my chars, when I toggle to Combat - everything disappears!!!

With Madman's chars, the Spells stick around!

Why?

Thread Information