STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFG 2 players looking for DM and more players for long 5e campaign from level 1

First-time poster here, my friend and I are looking to join or start a new campaign from level 1. We're looking for a DM, and if the DM would want more than 2 players, we'll need some players too

FG License: We both have Standard version of Classic, and the demo of Unity.
    Time Zone: EST.
    Our schedules are pretty open at the moment, can't play more than twice per week. Evenings after 7pm EST work best for myself, as that's when I put my kid to sleep, but I can probably make a daily game work if evenings don't for others.
    Term: Looking for long-term.
    Voice: Both have mic and webcams.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e.
    Game System Experience: Both have several years experience with 5e.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: We're both relatively new, though I feel I have enough knowhow to play through a campaign without assistance.

Character Type Preferred: Both open to playing whatever class the party needs.
    About me: Very open to a RP based game, or combat based game, relatively experienced in both. We would prefer if the campaign were homebrew, that we still follow the books for rulings on spells, and what classes get access to what spells. I'm in my late 20s, my friend in his early 30s, we're looking for a mature group. Generally with how we play, we don't play well with murder-hobos, or edge-lords. Being a little edgy is perfectly fine with us! We want a group where people understand that this is still a game, and they shouldn't take things personally, as this just leads to way more drama than anyone wants. We do live in Canada, so we may not play sober.

If that sounds like your kind of game, let me know!

We both have access to PHB, DMG, and Xanathar's.
    Last edited by EightBitBeaver; May 26th, 2020 at 16:19.

Hello, I am looking for a long term group as well. I live in central time. I work Saturday through Monday 12 hours, so anytime between Tuesday through Friday is good for me. I have been playing DND since 2nd edition. I am 35. Like to play a druid, but am flexible.

I'd be interested in joining your group. More interested in playing but would be open to being DM if we cant find candidates. I've had Fantasy Grounds for a few years but have not played in some time and am looking to get back into gaming.

Hey everyone! I would love to be a part of this as well. I am willing to DM, to share DMing duties or just play a character. I live in the US, in the CST zone, and I am very flexible with my schedule.

A little bit about me: I've have been into TTRPG since my teen years. My weekly D&D group broke up over five years ago as we had a member move away, and the rest of us focused on our families and other life stuff. I've played on and off since then, but I would welcome a chance to be a part of a regular group that became long-term.

As I'm looking for a group, I'm hoping to find one that is inclusive and accepting; one that focuses on fun, story, and character development; and one that allows the all members of the party to contribute to the shared experience. I love the role-playing elements D&D, but there is still something gratifying about tactical combat with a map. Thus, the reason I'm drawn to Fantasy Grounds.

Finally, I personally have been wanting to try FG Unity. I am intending to purchase the Unity Ultimate license and would do so, if the group is interested. If we chose to play on classic, that would be fine too.

I am also looking for a group. 40. Mountain Time, and flexible hours. Whatever role is fine. Played countless hours of Talisman, in the 80's, but relatively new to DnD.

Sir Templar, I'm willing to give it a go if you want to herd the cats. Do you have an idea as to what type of campaign you want to run?

I am looking to get into a fun long term campaign if still available. Open schedule and character preference. I have more experience dming than playing but would prefer to play while I work on an expansive home brew I’ve been building.

To get this started, I would like to continue the conversation in Discord. I am sending each of you a direct message to your Fantasy Grounds inbox. It has the invite to the Discord server that I just set up this morning. You are welcome to share the link with any of your friends. I would like to cap the party size at 6, with 5 being preferable. Six people, other than myself, have responded to this post. You each have a spot reserved, if you wish. If anyone is not interested, that's fine as well. Any further friends, or anyone else interested in joining this campaign can contact me, and will be placed on a waiting list.

In Discord, we will decide on our first adventure and talk about a playing schedule. We will do our best to find a day and time that works for everyone. We will also be deciding FG classic or FGU, as well as whether to use text, voice or video chat. I would like to start with one adventure and get feedback or discuss this as a group as to how it went. If everyone is enjoying this, and you all feel like I'm a decent enough DM, we will plan a longer ongoing campaign.

Hello, have you decided on the day and whether you are using Unity or Classic yet?

Hello!

I'm possibly interested in joining you all. I'm a veteran roleplayer (some 30 years of experience as both GM and player), but almost brand new to the platform. Since I am already running a campaign of my own, I would look to be a player in this case, although I tend to be fairly enthusiastic at contributing to the setting. Mind, I prefer existing settings that players at their own background elements into, with campaigns that are of the GM's own design. I am willing to try a published campaign, although many of them are, by my personal taste, too combat-oriented. But a storyteller that appreciates people spending time on roleplay and not rushing about looking for problems to butt heads into is also likely to be someone that appreciates creativity and leeway away from the railroad, so I'm fairly confident that wouldn't be a problem.

You can expect from me a character with a thorough background, and a personality with nuance and detail. My characters tend to have interests away from pure adventuring, and as such are occasionally not all that "optimised" - but these things can be a good thing, if the storyteller is inclined to engage with us on our interests. I also love offering hooks, so that it should never be too hard to find something that will get my characters interested in the story arc they have in mind.

I'm definitely an inclusive and accepting person. In daily life, I volunteer as a student councilor for LGBT+ questions and concerns, and since I am non-binary, myself, I'm not just empathizing from the sideline.

Scheduling-wise, sometime during the weekend afternoon or evening (EST time zone) would be my preference, but Tuesday or Wednesday have options, as well, I think.

Let me know, please, whether any of the above sounds promising!

Regards,

Pat

Edit: I have a preference for groups with a mix of male and female identifying people. As a non-binary person, a single-gender group can be a bit much of an echo chamber at times for me, although it's not always a problem, of course.
    Last edited by Makarion; June 1st, 2020 at 03:03.

Thread Information