FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Any More Shadow World Modules for FGU Planned?

We are presently using the Green Gryphon Inn module for Shadow World. It seems to be the only one. Does anyone know if there are plans to bring in the dozen or so other modules? If so, when. If not, why?

[I tried to find a thread with this info but could not]

Thanks!

Because ICE doesn't take expanding the player base and options seriously so there is a very small market for their products. I concur that i would love to see all the Shadow World stuff in FGU as well as many more publications. It has literally taken them 12 years to get RMU finished and it is still not fully published.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Because ICE doesn't take expanding the player base and options seriously so there is a very small market for their products. I concur that i would love to see all the Shadow World stuff in FGU as well as many more publications. It has literally taken them 12 years to get RMU finished and it is still not fully published.
    That is indeed a bummer if true. I just figured it was pure profit to sell the modules in FGU form. And if they need people to do the conversions, I am sure there are many people that would be willing (myself included). I mean they could even double-dip, pay for the graphical components and NPC/monster stat blocks, then still require people to have the PDFs for the story. I don't care, it just needs to get done or it is a dead world for VTT. And dead world == dead game.

Quote Originally Posted by nasman View Post
    And if they need people to do the conversions, I am sure there are many people that would be willing (myself included). I mean they could even double-dip, pay for the graphical components and NPC/monster stat blocks, then still require people to have the PDFs for the story.
    For official conversions the FG conversion would have to be the whole product - i.e. stand-alone.

If you're interested in doing official product conversions then please email [email protected] and discuss further.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you want to make FGU modules for selling here is the link giving you the procedure.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...uct+Guidelines

Basic rule of thumb is if the module is on DriveThruRPG you can port it to FGU. If it isn't that is because ICE wasn't able to get everyone's release on the product way back when ICE went through their partial implosion so FGU will put the kibosh on anything other than what's on DriveThruRPG.

It is pretty straight forward but I can attest, from publishing C&T II and III (coming out soon), Heroes and Rogues as well as Oriental Companion, it is a time consuming affair.

I'm happy to answer any questions as far as Rolemaster specific content creation.

How about some more RM Companions....

Same situation with the RM companions. I have personally remade RMC2,3,4 and 5 as well as the Elemental Companion and am currently working on 6 but I can publish any of them because ICE didn't get the authors to agree to a licensing agreement back in the day when the ICE implosion hit. You are able to make the companions for yourself to use in your campaigns but you cannot sell them (unless you are willing to take the legal risk of getting sued by those same authors).

I know that's not the answer you were hoping for and it gets worse. Current ICE management has abandoned trying to get those agreements in place because they are 100% focused on Rolemaster Unity. That system will be able to be published on FGU without issue.

Put it this way, if you don’t see it here, it likely can’t be officially converted:
    https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/...=2&sortBy=name

That is the list of what ICE has licenses to sell

Better yet, write an adventure and publish it. That's what I'm working on!

That is an awesome suggestion Grimbold11. I wish I had that level of creativity.

Thread Information