FG Spreadshirt Swag

Question about architecture of FGU

Hi everybody,

i am new to FGU and i am really happy to have finally found some professional tool! so i am looking forward to host my first game. right now i am doing tutorials to understand how to create Campaigns.

my question is as following.

would it be possible to just host a game and everybody who wants to join can join with an own PlayerCharacter from their own FG instance? DM reviews and accepts the PC. would that be possible?

thank you guys and looking forward to being part of this community.

thank you

AbuYunus

The architecture is client-server. Everything in campaign is hosted on the host and player's can't join this way. What is possible is for players to export the character and provide to the GM for import & approval.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYunus View Post
    would it be possible to just host a game and everybody who wants to join can join with an own PlayerCharacter from their own FG instance? DM reviews and accepts the PC. would that be possible?
    Yes, you can do this.

In FGU, when a player joins a campaign they have access to all the PCs in campaigns on their own computer - and they can select which one/s to upload direct to the GM 's campaign after they join.

So it's recommended to make a characters campaign for the ruleset you're playing and create/edit PCs within that campaign. When you join a GM's game you'll then be able to upload a character straight to the GM instance ready to play.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So it's recommended to make a characters campaign for the ruleset you're playing and create/edit PCs within that campaign. When you join a GM's game you'll then be able to upload a character straight to the GM instance ready to play.
    Isn't this one-time one-directional? The Manage characters after game is over is local, does it sync with the GM instance on the next game or?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Isn't this one-time one-directional? The Manage characters after game is over is local, does it sync with the GM instance on the next game or?
    FGU doesn't have manage characters. But it has the similar functionality mentioned above.

In FGC, if you have characters in Manage Characters (ruleset mode, not stored within the cache of a previously joined campaign) they are available to upload direct to the GM when you join their campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information