FG Spreadshirt Swag

Pathfinder 1E Touch AC

There is a party member in the campaign I am running that has an ability that increases only his and his allies Touch AC when activated. Is there a syntax for an effect that I can create to do this. I know that AC: x will increase all ACs (normal, Flat-footed, and touch) but this ability doesn't change all three. I tried AC: x, touch but it did not work. I also tried IFT: touch; AC: x and it also did not do what I wanted. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

There's nothing like that implemented in the ruleset. (i.e. touch AC only effect) So, it would have to be handled manually.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by jakjr15 View Post
    There is a party member in the campaign I am running that has an ability that increases only his and his allies Touch AC when activated. Is there a syntax for an effect that I can create to do this. I know that AC: x will increase all ACs (normal, Flat-footed, and touch) but this ability doesn't change all three. I tried AC: x, touch but it did not work. I also tried IFT: touch; AC: x and it also did not do what I wanted. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks
    What ability is that? I do not understand the intent why it should not increase the normal AC, too, because both, touch and flatfooted AC, are somewhat contained in normal AC and derived from that. Hence, when one of these sub-ACs increase then also the normal AC should increase In that case you could then use AC: x dodge Dodge bonusses always stack (thence, no worries about whether it would be overwritten by something) and would not be applied to the flatfooted AC

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    What ability is that? I do not understand the intent why it should not increase the normal AC, too, because both, touch and flatfooted AC, are somewhat contained in normal AC and derived from that. Hence, when one of these sub-ACs increase then also the normal AC should increase In that case you could then use AC: x dodge Dodge bonusses always stack (thence, no worries about whether it would be overwritten by something) and would not be applied to the flatfooted AC
    The name of the ability is Ghost Rager. It is a Barbarian Rage Power he selected as one of his Skald rage powers.

Ghost Rager (Su)

While raging, the Barbarian deals normal damage to incorporeal creatures even when using nonmagical weapons. She also gains a +3 morale bonus to touch AC, which increases by 1 at 8th level and every 4 levels thereafter (to a maximum of +7 at 20th level). This cannot raise her tough AC above her full AC. A Barbarian must be at least 6th level before selecting this Rage power.

The thing that makes this difficult is the fact that he is a Skald instead of a Barbarian. If he was a Barbarian, dealing with this manually wouldn't be that big of a deal. However, as a Skald with the Spell Warrior archetype, everyone who is effected by his raging song benefits from his rage powers. Which means that everyone will have to enter this in manually and then take it off when he stops raging. Although this is doable, it is probably going to be forgotten or done wrong since some of my players are lazy. So much so that one of them actually complains about having to click buttons.

Unless someone makes an extension the only thing I can suggest is this:

For the attack give the Barbarian the "Incorporeal" condition and an effect ATK: +3, then use the Modifier window.

Untitled.jpg

Here is a test:

unknown.png

It would be great to be able to apply Touch, Cover, Partial Cover and Superior Cover with an effect. I also believe "force" damage type goes right through "Incorporeal" condition.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    It would be great to be able to apply Touch, Cover, Partial Cover and Superior Cover with an effect.
    A cover effect would be incredible! My players always need to be reminded of how to use modifiers.

There are already "COVER", "PCOVER" and "SCOVER" effects available in the ruleset. Since they are usually situational, it's assumed that they would mostly be done using the modifiers window; but they can also be added as effects.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are already "COVER", "PCOVER" and "SCOVER" effects available in the ruleset. Since they are usually situational, it's assumed that they would mostly be done using the modifiers window; but they can also be added as effects.

Regards,
    JPG
    For some reason "COVER", "PCOVER" and "SCOVER" effects don't work. Have to use the Modifiers window.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    For some reason "COVER", "PCOVER" and "SCOVER" effects don't work. Have to use the Modifiers window.
    Hm, which extensions do you run? maybe try turning them off and test again (I test with my extensions, and there it works) maybe some incompatibility there?

Or maybe you oversee the [DEF EFFECTS +X] part in the message? The cover buttons in the modifier window affect the attack roll directly, but when you attack a target with a cover effect then the adjustment will happen in the attack message applied to the target, see the image (EDIT: Oh, as effect I used PCOVER while I used the button for COVER, thence, the different modifiers ):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 8th, 2020 at 22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hm, which extensions do you run? maybe try turning them off and test again (I test with my extensions, and there it works) maybe some incompatibility there?

Or maybe you oversee the [DEF EFFECTS +X] part in the message? The cover buttons in the modifier window affect the attack roll directly, but when you attack a target with a cover effect then the adjustment will happen in the attack message applied to the target, see the image (EDIT: Oh, as effect I used PCOVER while I used the button for COVER, thence, the different modifiers ):

I am a believer, it works! Awesome thank you for the explanation Kelrugem!

Thank You!

Thread Information