DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Will FG Upgrade with the Times?

So already Fantasy Grounds is not compatible with the newest Cat updates. Microsoft will also be dropping 32bit support. It's already been announced that it will happen in the next year or so. Much like they dropped support for Win 7. It'll take time for things to break and not be compatible anymore. But this really is worrying. Since I've heard that FG will not put the effort in to fix Cat because they can not. So how is this going to hurt FG once Microsoft drops 32bit also?
    Last edited by BlackMagic0; May 23rd, 2020 at 20:32.

Fantasy Grounds Unity is 64-bit. Only classic will be impacted and hopefully by that time FGU will be running fine.

Incidentally there are still people that run Windows 95 and XP because they either don't like the upgrades or have software that needs them. Unlike the Mac where Apple can dictate and the general populace will switch up, Microsoft has never been in a position where they can effectively do this despite years of trying.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Unity is 64-bit. Only classic will be impacted and hopefully by that time FGU will be running fine.

Incidentally there are still people that run Windows 95 and XP because they either don't like the upgrades or have software that needs them. Unlike the Mac where Apple can dictate and the general populace will switch up, Microsoft has never been in a position where they can effectively do this despite years of trying.
    I just purchased the FGC Ultimate license, what is the cost in upgrading to unity when it is finally released. Will be very problematic if I just got this license and I can not use it due to this situation with Microsoft.

Blog Entries
    Will FG upgrade with the times?

Yes it will. FG Unity is already in open beta and is based on the Unity Engine and is a 64 bit application. FGU supports IPv4 and IPv6 and is multi-platform compatible.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    I just purchased the FGC Ultimate license, what is the cost in upgrading to unity when it is finally released. Will be very problematic if I just got this license and I can not use it due to this situation with Microsoft.
    You can look at the store page, looks like it's a 40% discount to upgrade from FGC to FGU (+ any additional discounts, like the current 10%). Or you can take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee and switch for the FGU license. I know if I was getting into using Fantasy Grounds right now I would be going with FGU, though you have to be aware of it's status as a Beta/Early Access software.

You might consider getting a refund on your FGC license, buying an FGU license, and then subscribing to FGC until FGU is stable. That way you will have access to both until FGU is stable and fully usable.

Question:
    When I upgrade from FGClasic Ultimate to FGUnity Ultimate, can I still run FG Classic Sessions ?

Cause some players might have the FCC Standard and would liked to keep using it ?

Blog Entries
    You can still run FG Classic - yes.
    But you cant mix FGC and FGU in the same session.
    Whatever the GM is running all the players must use the same.

Unity is not compatible with classic.

However, an Ultimate license owner can host others who only own the demo version. So just the DM needs the Ultimate license and everyone else plays for free. They will need to get the demo version though.

I think it is dropping support on 32 bit Windows versions. A ton of software is still 32 bit so I doubt they will stop running. The emulation layer that today runs 32 bit applications, Windows on Windows 64 is also an integral part of windows 10 so it won't gone in a long time, much as like 16-bit applications were supported on windows 32 bit until the very end.

Thread Information