STAR TREK 2d20

WHen trying to make a Cutting Words action for my player...

I add three Effects:
    • ATK: -1d6; [ROLL] ; [SINGLES]
    • CHECK: -1d6; [ROLL] ; [SINGLES]
    • SAVE: -1d6; [ROLL] ; [SINGLES]

I tested this out with Bardic Inspiration, same setup, just used regular positive for the dice instead of negative.
    According to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects , I should be able to use a negative dice value, but when I test it out, I get the following output the chat, and no change is applied to the roll:
    Effect ['ATK: -1d6; -1'] -> [to Goblin] [by Charname]
    Effect [ATK: -1d6; -1'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED][on Goblin]
    Goblin: [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [EFFECTS -1d6]
    Die: d20+4
    Natural Result: 14
    Calculated Result: 18
    It does not appear to roll a die and subtract a value. Am I doing something wrong? How should I correct this?

For comparison, this is what I get without the negatives for bardiv Inspiration:

Effect ['ATK: 1d6; -1'] -> [to InspiredChar] [by Charname]
    Effect [ATK: 1d6; -1'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED][on InspiredChar]
    InspiredChar: [ATTACK (M)] Shortswoard [EFFECTS 1d6]
    Die: d20+6
    Natural Result: 17
    Calculated Result: 27
    SHOWED d6 ROLL!!!

Code:
    Cutting Words; ATK: -1d6; CHECK: -1d6; SAVE: -1d6
    When I put this into an ability with expend on next roll, it does subtract the dice like I would expect it to do. (The first part of "Cutting Words" can be ignored)

Keep in mind the Bard could use Cutting Words after the target rolled, but before the DM tells the result of the action... That part is just not possible to automate properly. And when you enabled show results to players it becomes even more difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Speculi View Post
    Code:
    Cutting Words; ATK: -1d6; CHECK: -1d6; SAVE: -1d6
    When I put this into an ability with expend on next roll, it does subtract the dice like I would expect it to do. (The first part of "Cutting Words" can be ignored)

Keep in mind the Bard could use Cutting Words after the target rolled, but before the DM tells the result of the action... That part is just not possible to automate properly. And when you enabled show results to players it becomes even more difficult...
    When I try that (and cutting words applies to attacks, checks, and damage), I will see the d6 roll and it will be properly subtracted from the total, but only with the checks and damage rolls, not the attack rolls. Not sure why. BTW, Using FGU.

Thread Information