FG Spreadshirt Swag

Stopping Players access to tokens

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere my searches didn't seem to come up with exactly what I'm talking about, anyways...

How does one stop the player having access to all tokens? I was having a session zero with new players the other night and one player, lets say she was enthusiastic with the tokens she found under the Tokens button, I believe they were the DMEssentials tokens which seem to be shared by default, the battle map we were testing combat on etc was soon covered in Oozes and all sorts. While this will hopefully settle once they get into the game proper, are we able to stop the players having access to tokens?

Good Day DK1138
    I think the players only have access to the tokens in your shared tokens folder, I would make sure that folder is empty. When logged in as DM you can click on the Tokens button then on the bottom you will see a Shared button, that will bring you to the folder.

EDIT: This is in FGC, not sure about FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by DK1138 View Post
    Apologies if this is covered elsewhere my searches didn't seem to come up with exactly what I'm talking about, anyways...

How does one stop the player having access to all tokens? I was having a session zero with new players the other night and one player, lets say she was enthusiastic with the tokens she found under the Tokens button, I believe they were the DMEssentials tokens which seem to be shared by default, the battle map we were testing combat on etc was soon covered in Oozes and all sorts. While this will hopefully settle once they get into the game proper, are we able to stop the players having access to tokens?
    Tokens work just like books and modules in the library. You have a window where you can control which ones are shared and which are just for you. Here is a screenshot (I'm using the Curse of Strahd theme so your windows might have different colors, but the buttons should be the same): TokensLibrary.jpg
    On the left is what you see in the token window when you click it. Lots of bags. If you scroll down you'll see your custom tokens. At the bottom the option for GM opens a folder where you can drag and drop new tokens that will be immediately available. The "shared" folder is what Bonkon was talking about, this is available to your players all the time. If you click the modules button then the second window opens up. This works exactly like your library you can load and unload all your tokens, and the red/green icon determines whether or not players can see them.

So in my screenshot PCs have access to two of my Devin Night token collections (middle class and nobles) but not my "Monstrous Characters Vol 2" tokens which are loaded but only available to me because of the red X, nor the "MyChars" tokens even with the green check because that one is unloaded.

Thank you! I think I've sorted it!

Thread Information