Joshua Stream Pre

Advanced Bestiary Template Creation

So I'm using Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary and I'm running into a couple of problems creating a new template. Specifically, adding bonuses does not seem to modify the appropriate effects, e.g., adding a +4 bonus to strength does increase increase strength to the new NPC's stat bloc, but doesn't boost attack or damage in the attack listings. Even adding a +4 to AC didn't work correctly, as AC only went up by 1.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just want to figure out what it is.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Seems View Post
    So I'm using Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary and I'm running into a couple of problems creating a new template. Specifically, adding bonuses does not seem to modify the appropriate effects, e.g., adding a +4 bonus to strength does increase increase strength to the new NPC's stat bloc, but doesn't boost attack or damage in the attack listings. Even adding a +4 to AC didn't work correctly, as AC only went up by 1.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just want to figure out what it is.

Thanks!
    As it is written in the tutorial: Ability changes are not necessarily accounted everywhere Especially when the ability could be different for specific creatures (maybe that person carries a light weapon with finesse?). Therefore you have to adjust that separately in the template

The AC field is a text, not a number field, so, that might be the cause; it seemingly only supports such things when adding a type to it

(but I didn't really use it yet)

I see. Functionality isn't quite as useful as I was hoping for, but I'll work around it. Thanks.

Thread Information