5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Gith (and others?) language issue

I created a Githyanki warlock in the newest 5E in FGU.
    Despite it saying it in the race definition, NO LANGUAGES - not even common...were assigned to this character, and there is NO WAY to enter them manually...turning on editing and hitting the plus? Nothing.

Right click and add item? Nothing.

Bug?

NOTE/EDIT: If a character HAS languages already, it works fine to add more.

Blog Entries
    Extensions? What module are you pulling the Gith from? Can you please post a screen shot?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is working for me when I drag in a Gith race from Mordenkainen I get this. As LE says are you using any extensions? How are you applying the race to the character sheet? and a screenshot might help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is working for me when I drag in a Gith race from Mordenkainen I get this. As LE says are you using any extensions? How are you applying the race to the character sheet? and a screenshot might help.
    Sorry for the ambiguity...I was only using the 5E decal extension from the opening menu...nothing fancy (though I'd love to find that "readied" actions extension I've seen!)...

I actually was able to correct it - and admittedly potentially destroy something else, by EXPORTING the character as XML, export a working character as XML, and modeled on the working character made a manual edit to the gith. It works now...once I finish my game today (first time using FGU with remote players after owning it since it was first sold!) I'll try to reproduce. Part of the issue with that is that FGU still have multiple instances of things, so I don't know WHICH gith I used.

Related question: When you add these oddball races with their own languages, I'm assuming these are unsupported in the CHAT by language functionality?

Also related: Thanks to everyone in this community for being so helpful, as I get older I lose my tech skills...soon I won't be able to use my own phone.
    JT

Blog Entries
    I think the DM has a 'Languages' option in the Options menu that allows them to add additional languages. But that's from memory of something I;ve read, and not actually done.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information