5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Wow, I didn't know about Foundry. Will have an eye on this one. Also I love how they handle their Character sheets. Wonderful!
    I agree to your statements quite a bit. A streamlined UI and the use of multiple choice menus in addition to easy entry linking (that update when changes are done at one end) would go a long way for FG!
    And I totally get what was said about standardized frames for graphics in FG. Reskinning has proven to be quite an effort when some buttons have eg. 2px wider frames for no apparent reason.

Edit: What have you done! I just HAD to purchase FoundryVTT it's incredible!
    Edit 2: On closer inspection, while the overall user interface of FoundryVTT is a dream come true, it lacks significantly in terms of overall content as well as combat automation (some mods help a little). But judging by the speed it is developed this will probably change very soon. SmiteWorks could really take a look at how things can be divided into folders with subfolder in subfolders in subfolders.... very handy to organize content.
    I haven't checked out Foundry until I saw this post. Wow it does look good. I'll definately have to grab a copy of that.

First i never understand folks that overly gripe about BETA software especially when the team working on it is communicating frequently what changes are going on and basically report on the status of each build as well as ask for feedback. Its literally a work in progress.

Now then i will use no other vtt besudes fg. I really like it quite a lot. The official support to many game systems was my initial draw before i even tried it. Foundry and other systems people bring up simply do not have the same level of support .particularly for dnd 5e my preferred system.

BUT the criticism about its UI is accurate. I agree it needs massive updating. Even simple things like...official dual monitor support over this 'well just stretch it over the other monitor" solution is awkward . No it should be designed for you to select elements of the ui and assign it for display on monitor 1 or 2. (If this happened it would be HUGE. I guarantee dms all over would love it...i would likely care less about other things being adressed in fact.)

Or even window resizing....i should be able to resize any window...including the CT....FULLY resize not like how it is now.

Thats just the simple things not even getting into the contols of interacting with the system and its features.
    Last edited by Mytherus; July 21st, 2020 at 14:09.

Resizing of Windows like sheet or combat tracker is configurable and depends on the design by the ruleset developer. Sometimes you don’t want things to be resized for various reasons, sometimes it is ok to give players this option.

But yes, there is room for improvement. I hope we will get there with unity.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I'd be happy if move within a map moved from middle mouse button to left (or even right).

Thread Information