FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Read-only modules

Hi,

I've seen some errors/omissions in modules I've bought, but some of them are read-only and I can't correct the error properly. So:

1. FRQ3 Doom of Daggerdale is not read-only and I can make changes
    2. Sword of the Dales is read-only and I cannot make changes
    3. Secrets of Spiderhaunt is read-only and I cannot make changes
    4. Return of Randal Morn is not read-only and I can make fixes
    5. I have it on good authority that FRQ1 is also not read-only

Can this flag be flipped on the read-only modules so that I can make the corrections?

In case it makes a difference, I'm using FGU.

Cheers,

TFG

Whether a module is read only or not is determined by what type it is. See "Best Practices" here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Best-Practices

Even with a read only module you can copy a record and edit the record. I know that won't tie in with linked records, but it does allow you to edit records you may share with players.

As Secret of Spiderhaunt and Sword of the Dales are adventures, that sounds like it's been incorrectly packaged.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 22nd, 2020 at 18:07.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Secret of Spiderhaunt and Sword of the Dales are adventures, that sounds like it's been incorrectly packaged.
    That's what I thought - it there anything I can do to tweak this myself without having to copy everything or can the fix only be done by the author? If the latter, how do I get that done?

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    You should also post what you think is "incorrect" or requiring fixing - the developer for the DLC can go and fix it for everyone who has the module.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    You should also post what you think is "incorrect" or requiring fixing - the developer for the DLC can go and fix it for everyone who has the module.
    I’ve posted the FRQ3 ones on discord and Talyn has fixed those for the an upcoming patch. Still prepping the others so don’t have a proper list yet. I’ll send the final list to support email as suggested on discord. An example is that in Spiderhaunt, one major magic weapon has the wrong damage stats, another one doesn’t even have the weapon configured on the item - just a textual description.

Blog Entries
    It's a shame there isn't a dedicated feedback/update thread for the store DLC. If one of the SmiteWorks folks stumble across this thread they can contact the developer(s) of the other erroneous products. Or fire off an email to support, that will do the trick as well.

Regarding FRQ3 I'm happy with the updates I made, although that ring of thorns, as @Celestian mentioned in the other thread you created specifically about that, there are various completely different methods to handle that item, and none of them will be fully automated. He and I had a private chat on Discord and we decided on which solution to put into the official DLC but obviously "different strokes for different folks" applies here, so if our solution is not the one a GM prefers, they're always welcome to do it their way.

Thanks Talyn. I’m putting the issues I find into a document and will send it to support once I’ve finished prepping.

Sorry to post here if it's not the place it should be, but i want to know if the sword of the dale and Secret of spiderhaunt continue to be read only or if it was changed. I want to buy the two modules but i need them to be able to get changed.

Thanks in advance

Adventure modules should be configured to be editable; while rulebooks/bestiaries are supposed to be read only.

Even for read only modules, you can make a copy of any record to create a local campaign copy that is fully editable.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Adventure modules should be configured to be editable; while rulebooks/bestiaries are supposed to be read only.

Even for read only modules, you can make a copy of any record to create a local campaign copy that is fully editable.

Regards,
    JPG
    These two adventure modules are still read-only and haven't been updated since this thread or the support ticket I raised describing some of the errors. As you say, I've made copies of the records containing the errors and corrected those. It's a little fiddly when the records related to records that are pinned on maps, but not a huge amount of overhead.

My party are part way through Spiderhaunt now, and I'm gradually finding a few more errors that I'd missed earlier.

Thread Information