Starfinder Playlist

Lines and measurements

I'm having 2 problems with using lines to measure distance and I'm wondering if there is a work around.

1. The line is a pointer which for some reason it placed below the player tokens. That's slightly annoying when I want to move a circle AoE and can't click on it, but worse when I want to measure token movement in a generally southern direction and the measurement on the start of the line is underneath the unit. If there a way to place the pointer objects on top?

2. The line won't measure at all unless I have grid turned on. I get that the size of the grid is used to set the scale for the measure tool, so it's necessary to a degree. But is there a way to create the grid to set the scale and then make it not visible?

Here are some answers to your questions.

1. Tokens have priority over pointers for dragging by design. To move a pointer start point that is under a token, you'll need to move the token first.

2. In FG Classic, there is no way to specify distance without defining a grid. In FG Unity, there is always an implied grid for measurement, and the grid can be colored and visibly be turned on/off.

Regards,
    JPG

Wow, this is the fastest I've ever experienced buyers remorse. Guess this is $100 down the crapper.

Whenever I need to measure something, I always just draw the line in the space next to the token, or I can lock tokens and just use token movement, which starts the line in the center, which also allows measurement with different angles.
    Sessions Running
    All currently on hold with the world going crazy. Doing random one shots.

Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8...upGKeqfxKaw1hQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hurske View Post
    or I can lock tokens and just use token movement, which starts the line in the center, which also allows measurement with different angles.
    That works fine for player controlled characters, but I haven't found a way to make that work for GM controlled characters. Is there a special lock+ option somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ApesAmongUs View Post
    ...but I haven't found a way to make that work for GM controlled characters. Is there a special lock+ option somewhere?
    With tokens locked press CTRL and click-drag for the GM to see token movement lines.

Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...okens#Movement
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, that does work nicely.

Also, if you decide that Fantasy Grounds doesn't do what you need, we have a 30-day no questions refund policy for all purchases on the FG web store.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information