5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 22 of 33 First ... 12202122232432 ... Last
    Removed this post it was made in error.
    Last edited by eporrini; January 14th, 2021 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Can someone PLEASE take ownership of this giving credit to the original author? His intent (and he said as much) was for someone to carry this forward. I’m cool if we call it something different, chain off to a different thread, and say it’s built off off combat enhancer.
    Not sure what you are asking.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Celestian sorry for the confusion, I thought this was the 5e combat enhancer thread. Sorry!!

I love this extension but have a slight problem. MBM just recently updated the traveller ruleset to add a new Menu and its not showing up in your menu dropdown. Is there something that needs to be done on your side?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I love this extension but have a slight problem. MBM just recently updated the traveller ruleset to add a new Menu and its not showing up in your menu dropdown. Is there something that needs to be done on your side?

Xargun
    BetterMenus will gather all the menu entries added using the CoreRPG button system and list them. If the developer of the Traveller ruleset did not use this it will not show up.

These are the objects that BetterMenus looks through to add to the drop down.
    Code:
    Desktop.aCoreDesktopStack["host"]
    Desktop.aCoreDesktopStack["client"]
    ...fgu
    Desktop.aCoreDesktopDockV4["live"]
    Desktop.aCoreDesktopDock["live"]
    He can add it using the hooks with BetterMenus if he doesn't want to use the CoreRPG menu structure. There is an example in the extension that adds a menu to the "Modules" section as it's not a "button" in the older style.

Code:
    MenuManager.addMenuItem("moduleselection", "", "sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection");
    There is also one to add the "Setup" button that users can access from that menu that pops up when they connect to a server.

Code:
    MenuManager.addMenuItem("setup", "", "menu_setup_tooltip",Interface.getString("menu_setup_label"));
    This is the documentation on the hook function.

Code:
    --[[
      This will add a custom menu/window item to the Menu button.

sRecord           The window class
      sPath             The database node associated with this window (if any)
      sToolTip          The tooltip string record, Interface.getString(sTooltip); Displayed when someone hovers over the menu selection
      sButtonCustomText The text used as the name for the menu. If doesn't exist will look for "library_recordtype_label_" .. sRecord
    ]]
    function addMenuItem(sRecord, sPath, sToolTip, sButtonCustomText)
    Last edited by celestian; January 30th, 2021 at 22:53.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post

Xargun
    I'm guessing you mean the Spacecraft Combat Tracker, right? Until (or really iff I guess) MBM updates Traveller to implement the S CT that way, you could always drag S CT to a shortcut at the bottom then turn on the Better Menus extension. You'll still have full access to the S CT from that shortcut, whether it is showing in the menu or not.
    Last edited by grimmlock; January 31st, 2021 at 23:25.

Hi,

I was using:
    Code:
        if User.isHost() then
            DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut2("button_shipct", "button_shipct_down", "sidebar_tooltip_shipct", "ct_ship_combat","combattracker");
        else
            DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut2("button_shipct", "button_shipct_down", "sidebar_tooltip_shipct", "shipcombattracker_client","combattracker");
        end
    But have checked SFRPG and switched to this DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut(, I can't remember where I found the code originally, it might have been because SCT was an extension earlier, no idea.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi there! I'm running into a minor issue when trying to access the "library" from the menu. This is for 5e and the only other extensions I use that affect the sidebar are Motte's darkness theme and RFIA. script error.png
    Not a big deal to me I hardly use the Library button but in case others do...I only noticed this behavior after running the recent ruleset update.
    Big fan of all your extensions by the way!

Getting the same error as Charmov (in 4e ruleset).

Thread Information