STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 33 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi Valyar, you can unlock the menu (right-click and unlock), move it wherever you want, and then lock it again!
    Oh my... didn't thought of that! Amazing, this might work.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Yes, I understand what the idea is and I really like the approach, though after several sessions I found out that this is not suitable for my play style. I tend to keep the desktop clean, use the shortcuts to CT/PS/etc. What surprised me is that my players also use such approach, therefore I put this here. I understand that this is not something that can be done due to technical limitation. I have no issues in preparing the shortcut bar first and then enabling the extension.

What about the ability to move the menus from top left to middle or right? I believe, at least for my case, it will be much more useful since less mouse travel and muscle memory to get to the menus in the sidebar?

Maybe some chat command to trigger positioning.

You can right click and unlock the menu and move it. The animated gif shows it on the first post Keep in mind it always opens DOWN so you can't put it on the bottom of the screen.

I'll tinker with drag/drop from the menus again when I have spare time to see if I can find a work around the problems I was having but I am not expecting much success as it was in one of my early prototypes and was not workable.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I have RFIA installed and it doesn't seem to be working with Better Menus. I see posts from oct i was wondering is this something you are working on. When I disable Better Menus RFIA works fine.

While Better Menus seems to be working with PFRPG2 it comes with the side-effect of breaking the ability to enable/disable single buttons on the button bar (if menus are disabled). I can use the preconfigured GM, Play, All buttons, but I cannot switch single buttons.

I'm having issues when I put a map to the background desktop it cuts off 1/2 of my chat window behind the map.
    Also with sidebar on, the map set to desktop completely covers the sidebar.

(Mostly I want to use this EXT for my players that play on a laptop/small screen and I can have it running on the table where I have mine look normal and they can use the menus.)

Also using RFI++ ext, doesnt play well with this, it will not let the pop up for requests come thru the map when it's set to the background.
    Last edited by MrDDT; December 13th, 2020 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    (Mostly I want to use this EXT for my players that play on a laptop/small screen and I can have it running on the table where I have mine look normal and they can use the menus.)
    It won't work like that. If you have the extension loaded the full screen map will be for a Menu system, not for sidebar. The enable/disable for Menus won't change that.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Also using RFI++ ext, doesnt play well with this, it will not let the pop up for requests come thru the map when it's set to the background.

To be clear on this topic since I get it alot, I do not have the cycles, unfortunately, to debug other extensions to figure out why various issues occur. I'd be happy to work out a solution if someone can figure out the cause with specific code points and a possible fix. Keeping the number of extensions I have up to date and working in FGU with the primary rulesets is all I can manage at this time.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    To be clear on this topic since I get it alot, I do not have the cycles, unfortunately, to debug other extensions to figure out why various issues occur. I'd be happy to work out a solution if someone can figure out the cause with specific code points and a possible fix. Keeping the number of extensions I have up to date and working in FGU with the primary rulesets is all I can manage at this time.
    I completely understand trust me. (Lately I've spend more time dealing with SW updating FGU and ext getting them to work than anything else)

However, the chatbox issue being covered when I push a map to the background(desktop) has nothing to do with other exts and I would still like to use this ext even if I can't get the other issues I listed. You think maybe (fingers crossed) you can figure out why and fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    While Better Menus seems to be working with PFRPG2 it comes with the side-effect of breaking the ability to enable/disable single buttons on the button bar (if menus are disabled). I can use the preconfigured GM, Play, All buttons, but I cannot switch single buttons.
    I checked the 5E sample campaign. The same thing happens there. Reproduction:

- Disable Better Menus.
    - Open Library.
    - Try to disable/enable single side-bar buttons.

I completely understand trust me. (Lately I've spend more time dealing with SW updating FGU and ext getting them to work than anything else)

However, the chatbox issue being covered when I push a map to the background(desktop) has nothing to do with other exts and I would still like to use this ext even if I can't get the other issues I listed. You think maybe (fingers crossed) you can figure out why and fix that?
    I don't see an issue. (looks the same with option in prefs set to Sidebar)

---

Thread Information