5E Character Create Playlist

Creating Pre-Generated Characters

Hey all.

New to Fantasy Grounds and I have a question.

We are looking to move an existing 5ed campaign to Fantasy Grounds because... well COVID and people are moving. I bought the ultimate edition and the PHB, MM and DMG. I would like to take their existing paper characters, create them in my campaign and then assign them to players when they join.

2 questions arise

1. Can this be done?
    2. How would I do it?

Thanks all... looking forward to learning the platform, as a GM it looks like it has amazing potential.
    "By Telgar's Hairy Member!"

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome!

Short answer to your questions is; yes.

I suggest you seek out the people here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-and-then-play! who will help flatten your learning curve.

Stick with it - FG is great.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

It is very easy. You just drag and drop from your books into the character sheets. Make sure that all the characters are unclaimed. When the players log in they each claim their PC and it remains theirs.

Blog Entries
    When creating a new character their is an order you want to do thing in (Abilities > Race/Background > Background/Race > Class), but since you are copying off paper it doesn't matter so much. Just be aware you will have to verify abilities after you add race (because FG will add racial modifiers).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The Character creator is non-intuitive but once I sorted it out it's functional and can be built on. It doesn't deal with Warlocks and their incantations and pacts very well that I have seen but I may have made a mistake there.

On the whole this makes a lot of sense. Our first game it tomorrow and I am not sure we will be all there as far as functionality and ease of use but I should have enough to get the group rolling easily enough.

Thanks all.
    "By Telgar's Hairy Member!"

Thread Information