STAR TREK 2d20

A *new* non-proficiency rolling issue?

I ran into a weird bug last night: my player has a weapon that I entered into system (a small-arms disintegrator pistol), that whenever he fired it FG applied the non-proficiency penalty. Searching for this issue I became of the prior non-prof issue where you needed to dump the feats and reapply them, but this seems to be new:

1) It only happened when my player made the roll. If I as a GM opened his character sheet and rolled the attack it didn't get applied.
    2) He wasn't getting the penalty with attacks from any other small arms he tested.

I'm fairly new to FG, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but does anyone have any ideas?

Can you post the player's XML?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Apparently...not? Doesn't seem to be a way to do that in the Starfinder interface. Not as the GM, anyway.

Go to the Sidebar (PC's) > click the Edit button on the bottom right > then click the up arrow in that character box > Name the file > Save > add it here so he can take a look at it..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by Qualidar View Post
    Apparently...not? Doesn't seem to be a way to do that in the Starfinder interface. Not as the GM, anyway.

From the PC Selection window, click the Edit List button, then click the Export Character button...anyone can do it, including GMs
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thank you! (Like I said, I'm new to it). Here's the XML file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm, not sure why you are getting a problem. I have tried as both the GM and the Player, and neither time has it given a non-proficiency penalty applied.
    aka Laendra

Yeah, it's frustrating, as I can't reproduce it myself, but I can see it when he rolls.

We don't play for another 2 weeks, hopefully it will get cleared up in an update or mysteriously disappear when he logs in again.

Thread Information