5E Character Create Playlist

LFG Call of Cthulhu -learning to play

FG License: I have both Full FGC and Ultimate FGU
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any Sat, Sun Anytime. Mon, Tues. 6pm to ~2am. Alternating Fridays 6pm-2am.
    Term: Long, short, one-shot
    Voice: Experience with zoom and discord. Wiling to use others.

Game System Preferred: Call of Cthulhu - Core, Pulp, Down Darker Trails. I'm up for whatever.
    Game System Experience: D&D 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 5. PF1, Nearly all OWoD, Shadowrun 2, 3, 4. A handful of other systems.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I use FG to run a D&D 5e twice a month. Only just bought the CoC ruleset so I'm familiarizing myself with it in FG as I read through.

Character Type Preferred: More than willing to play what's needed to fill in gaps in a group.

About me: Started RPGs by running Shadowrun 2e with some friends which spiraled out to all the other systems available at the time. Now I'm 36, recently moved 1,000 miles away from the 5e group I ran, moved from GA to NYC. We decided to keep the gaming going and nearly everyone made the move to FG with me. I recently listened to the podcast "Ain't Slayed Nobody" which uses the Down Darker Trails setting for CoC. Over the course of listening to their play I found I really liked the flexibility of the CoC system, and started to listen to some others to absorb a bit more of the system. Oddly, despite having been a fan of Lovecraft's works and the broader Mythos I never actually played Chaosium's CoC, though I did run a d20 call of Cthulhu briefly over a decade ago(Which i realize is nothing like actual CoC.) All in all, i'm excited to learn things man was not meant to know and generally plunge into permanent madness.

Welcome to CoC. It's a fun, versatile, but deadly system with a wide variety to play in. The Roaring 1920s, Victorian 1890s, Medieval, Ancient Rome, Modern and the other modern setting Delta Green. Pick an era and have fun.

Thread Information