STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Pirates of Drinax

Hi all,

I'm loving the MGT2 ruleset. I just wrapped up Marooned on Marduk with my group last night.

Is anyone using Fantasy Grounds to run Pirates of Drinax? If so, would you mind sharing some pointers?

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but my understanding is that I could start a new campaign with the MGT2 ruleset and add story entries, NPCs, images, etc. as we go along.

Looking forward to any pointers you guys share.

Thanks!
    Jameson
    Last edited by jp1971; May 21st, 2020 at 13:40. Reason: Spelling

The first thing its huge, really huge, your players can easily get sidetracked, and there are plenty of opportunities to do so.

You'll need dozens possibly hundreds of extra NPC's, put them in manageable chunks though, and maps lots & lots of lovely maps.

Make sure your crew can handle the main jobs on the Harrier, don't let them have too much stuff especially in the way of armour. Diplomacy is quite important try to get a "Face" among the pc crew. Really really flesh out the Allies, contacts etc. as these can be quite important. encourage you players to come up with various schemes to achieve goals, this will save you a lot of effort as to what the players actually want to do.

Adventure one, is pretty straightforward, but can have various consequences down the line & there are plenty of NPC's to interact with. encourage your PC's to think about this. Actions have consequences!

There is more so much more to this. I'd advise starting them off subsector (Sindal) and work out from there, Adventure one helps with this.

Ship combat can be avoided for the first adventure, so you can wait a bit till thats added (Coming soon) as its a straightforward (ish) chase.

Check the resources list for lots of things that will help you. I'm positive more will be added.

I've kept this brief as I know several of my players are on this forum.

you can drop me a line with any specific (spoiler) questions I'll gladly help

cheers
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Hi,

Backwardoracle speaks very wisely.

Make sure you read everything, understand the motives behind all of the NPC's and prepare for the time the Travellers go off and 'do something else'.

I've been working on the official conversion but it's a way off and it only provides you with the stuff in the books, not this extra content.

I started my team at Wardn, Lunion (Spinward Marches) then sent them into the Sword Worlds, down to District 268, across to Pax Rulin and now down to Sindal, where they'll pick up the hooks, I'm thinking of running Reach 5: The Borderland Run as it's based near to Drinax and is a great intro to the Aslan Hierate, they're not all angry warriors....

This has given me the time to convert Book 2, it's about 40% of the way through, which I've been sharing with them (as suggested) as they travel across the subsectors. Book 1 is converted upto the first 3 adventures, I've also got the story entries for the 1st adventure ready for when my Travellers get there.

High Guard is underway, it's almost done (I've stopped to get the v1.1.2 ruleset updated), should be back on it next week.

Cheers and good luck!
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

"prepare for the time the Travellers go off and 'do something else"
    This is going to happen often, very often, my particular group is indeed so wrapped up in somethings that they sometimes forget the "big picture" the more they delve into the individual needs of planets and how to bring them into the "New Empire" or simply resort to basic raiding which gains a nice income, but without a place to trade it at a significant margin they will end up probably broke & hunted throughout the domain.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Folks,

Now that Referee's Briefings 1, 2 and 3 are with Smiteworks, and that Reach 4 is out, Reach 5 is waiting for live and Reach 6 is nearly with Smiteworks my focus now, outside of coding the ruleset is to complete the conversion for Pirates of Drinax. Now it'll need High Guard and Ship Combat, but let's not worry too much about that....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Folks,

Now that Referee's Briefings 1, 2 and 3 are with Smiteworks, and that Reach 4 is out, Reach 5 is waiting for live and Reach 6 is nearly with Smiteworks my focus now, outside of coding the ruleset is to complete the conversion for Pirates of Drinax. Now it'll need High Guard and Ship Combat, but let's not worry too much about that....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Any news on this? I would love to buy and run this adventure on FGC!
    Thanks,
    Panos

@Panossqual MBM recently made a post about all MGT2 products in development here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-Grounds

It looks like it's close

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    @Panossqual MBM recently made a post about all MGT2 products in development here:

It looks like it's close
    So exciting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post

It looks like it's close
    I can't wait :-)

Morning All,

It's very close, with a good session or two it'll be sent off, then it needs to go through testing and then to SmiteWorks.

The Drinaxian Companion is hot on the heels though, I hope to have that finished within the next few weeks, same process for it.

I'll post here as soon as it's off for internal testing.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information