STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    when you see what actually is all in there and all the tables, tokens, reference data... WOW MBM WOW... actually at the price it is, a
    REAL BARGAIN.....in terms of contents... it's like 6 or more standard modules... This is Huge, Thank you Mongoose, MBM, and Smiteworks...

Chumbly

Congratulations MBM, that was obviously a huge expenditure of time and effort, and I am sure the FG Traveller community appreciates it.

As for the price, when you consider that the pdf is 592 pages, it is one of the largest campaigns I know of, so well worth it.

I know my GM has been waiting for its release, we started a group just a month ago, played HighNDry, and about to start a new adventure this weekend. Not sure if it will be PoD or another one off yet, depends how much prep GM needs.

Thanks

If 4 players and 1 referee each contribute $20 (the equivalent of a 2-3 hour premium movie on Disney+ or HBO Max) they get months, if not years, of happy space opera entertainment without breaking anyone's bank.

I've picked up a copy of PoD, although I must admit I did balk a bit at the price. I've been thinking about why that is, and I realized that I know why I had that reaction.

I know that there is a lot of work to convert, but I find it a bit painful because I'll never use the majority of the work that's been done. I have the pdfs, I'll always have the pdfs, if I want to read the adventure, I'll read those. In FG I only want the "crunch" - maps, gear, vehicles and NPCs - I, personally, have no interest in the text of the adventures.

Now, I'm not trying to short-change anyone, I know that there's a lot of work to convert things, but I wonder if there's an opportunity here. Mongoose is releasing a strong pipeline of content, and the FGU support is falling behind. No complaint there, we know that MadBeardMan is doing a heroic job trying to keep up. Is there an opportunity to produce conversions that are "crunch" only, use the reduction in work per product to produce more, to catch up, and perhaps make more money out of it? I'd happily pay 75 or 80 percent of the cost of modules today for a version without the text of adventures and background material. It'd be worth the same to me, actually, it might even be worth more since it'd be faster to load, will clutter up FG less, and sharing with players will have less chance of accidental exposure of plot material.

I don't know if any of this is realistic or practical, but producing twice as many products at 80% of the price would seem to be a commercial win. And nothing stops anyone from going back and filling in the textual material as a follow-on.

Just a thought, could be nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Congratulations MBM, that was obviously a huge expenditure of time and effort, and I am sure the FG Traveller community appreciates it.

As for the price, when you consider that the pdf is 592 pages, it is one of the largest campaigns I know of, so well worth it.

I know my GM has been waiting for its release, we started a group just a month ago, played HighNDry, and about to start a new adventure this weekend. Not sure if it will be PoD or another one off yet, depends how much prep GM needs.

Thanks
    I have been considering how to start such a game and my thought was to run some of the reach modules first for the travellers to build rep in the area to attract the attention of the king, using them as a prologue to the main storyline.

PoD definitely requires thought before jumping in. Since it is a sandbox style campaign the travellers can easily make a sudden left turn into the twilight zone if you blink and you kind of need to have an idea of what is where in relation to where they are. The core adventures are sometimes separated by several jumps and travellers will be travellers.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    The core adventures are sometimes separated by several jumps and travellers will be travellers.
    Well, the crew does have to get off the ship from time to time to remain sane, plus you have to resupply and spend some of that hard earned loot....oops, I meant salary

Hi,
    I picked it up yesterday. Excellent work MBM you should be proud of yourself. Thank you for your hsrd work and for giving us the chance to run this campaign by removing part of the effort and preparation needed. I can now focus on making this world come to life and create custom material and npcs, instead of copy pasting images and text from the pdfs. I am close to finish running a camp of Masks of Nyarlathotep too. It's a pity, I did not get the chance to get this one premade too. Cheers!

just picked it up!

thanks mbm, just picked it up!

Thanks! I just grabbed it for myself. Been watching and waiting so long. Astounding work as always.

Picking up my copy today! So. Much. Stuff. in the store right now. Going to have to wait a bit for some of the other recent titles like Aliens, The Great Rift, etc. My groups next Traveller is session is next week and I've been successfully skirting the whole PoD campaign, as I knew it was going to be up on FGU at some point. Comes at a great time as my players are juuuuust about ready to dive into it. Thanks again MBM for putting this together. I know we all here really appreciate your efforts- we wouldn't be able to play without your work.

Thread Information