5E Character Create Playlist

Question on the definition of Ruleset

I tried looking for the answer to my question but was not able to find it. I go to one of the paid subscriptions I will get access to rule-sets but not source materiel. Does that mean player can create their character using the rules for different races but not read the source materiel? So they could create a Warfordged Artificer and the character sheet would populate in FG, and you could use the source materiel you already have access to to understand the abilities?

Blog Entries
    Welcome

Rulesets = mechanics and character sheets. i.e. the 5E ruleset knows that an attack is against an Armor Class, and that skills are based on an attribute and may have a proficiency modifier. It does not equal or included the contents of races, classes or any other items.

Modules = source material / DLC / 'books' and 'adventures' etc. These contain the details of races, classes, items, etc.

A GM or player can create a character with just access to a ruleset, but they will have to know what to put in the character sheet. They will have to know what their abilities are, what damage a weapon does etc.

NOTE, D&D 3.5E, Pathfinder, D&D 5E all come with SRD (and Basic Rules) content free. These are modules that have a limited amount of source material and can be used to create characters with drag & drop type functionality and the GM and players can all read the modules (assuming the GM allows it).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

Thread Information