5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Long Rest Reminder

I finally wrote my first extension. It's a simple one called Long Rest Reminder.

It does two things:

1. If you create a Story entry named LRR it will pop it up on the DM screen when the party takes a long rest. That way you can jot down reminders for when PCs take a Long Rest. Things like consume rations, pay living expenses, roll for charges on items, make saving throws to recover from diseases, curses, etc. Things like that.
    2. It adds two slash commands /longrestLRR and /shortrestLRR so you can apply rests from the hotbar rather than go through the combat tracker.

Known issue: The text displayed in the chat window when using the slash commands doesn't match what would be displayed if you used the combat tracker. I'll get around to fixing that at a later date.

Hopefully someone finds this useful. I know I will. And if you have any problems or minor suggestions, let me know.

Note: I know just enough about programming to be dangerous. So I'm sure my code is sloppy and ugly. Feel free to offer suggestions to tighten it up. Also, any feature addition suggestions will have to be very minor, or something that I really like. Because for me to implement anything means a lot of research how to do it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Three of Swords; May 19th, 2020 at 23:28.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Very useful, especially if you need events to occur every dawn, kinda like Tomb of Annihilation does.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    Very useful, especially if you need events to occur every dawn, kinda like Tomb of Annihilation does.
    Ah, I have not experienced that module. I didn't know that dawn was an important time. So this would definitely assist w/ that.

I also like to set up links to my weather system so remember to tell the players how hard it's raining, reminder to remove exhaustion, etc.

Nice. I will check this out. I was in process of making an extension that did just this. Awesome.

EDIT: Gave this a look over. I really like this. May not be as intended but set up chat boxes to click and push to chat window.
    long rest reminder.JPG
    Last edited by Beemanpat; May 23rd, 2020 at 04:34.

Seem pretty, useful, will try it out. Thanks!

Is this extension still being maintained? If so, it appears the most recent patch broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    Is this extension still being maintained? If so, it appears the most recent patch broke it.
    My apologies. I no longer use FG so I am not maintaining it.

If someone else wants to update it, feel free. I don't claim any ownership.

edit: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    My apologies. I no longer use FG so I am not maintaining it.
    That's unfortunate. This small extension was actually quite useful.

Be well in whatever platform you're using to play your games!

I stopped using this extension and wrote(with help) a small extension that just changed the generated message to what I wanted in the chatbox. I'll take a look at this one and see if I can figure out how to fix it seeing that Three of Swords is no longer maintaining and gave their blessing that it free for claim.

No promises on "when" though

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    I stopped using this extension and wrote(with help) a small extension that just changed the generated message to what I wanted in the chatbox. I'll take a look at this one and see if I can figure out how to fix it seeing that Three of Swords is no longer maintaining and gave their blessing that it free for claim.

No promises on "when" though
    Thank you.

Thread Information