STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    catowonky

So, what is this? Is this just a forum for posting questions?

Hello, someone sent this to me and I don't see what this website is offering. Is this just a chat room for game questions? The home tab just takes me to a splash screen of game names.

Is there some place that tells me what this site is doing?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    This is a website for a computer program called Fantasy Grounds. It is a Virtual Table Top used for playing Role Playing Games using a computer so they can be facilitated for either in person or online play.

Have you watched the video from the front page? https://youtu.be/3947l6O6DGU

The list of games are systems supported and with licensed content. You can click on any of them to see exactly which products/books/DLC is available for the given game system (called a ruleset in FG).

Are you familiar with RPGs? Is there one that you play? Or would like to start playing? Perhaps your in-person game is on hold during COVID and you might want to start playing again while everyone stays home?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

catowonky
    Okay, so this is another version of roll20. Someone said it was something to create maps with? But, I didn't see anything like that in that video. Since I am a new person to stop by and attempt to check out this site, I would have thought there would be more information on what is offered. I may or may not be someone with cash to spend and the owners of this site might want to present more of what is available to newcomers. All I saw were books and prices. There was also a list of what one might purchase beyond a "basic" download. However, no description of what those items were. Newbee here, very lost, site should help with that. Thank you for responding.

No, this is Fantasy Grounds, a product that is far superior to r20.

The upcoming version of Fantasy Grounds - Fantasy Grounds Unity has the capability to create maps etc. That is but one of the amazing things it will offer.

Perhaps you might ask "someone" what exactly they were referring to when they sent you here? You are posting in the Pathfinder subforum by the way.

Another by the way, I am not an employee of Fantasy Grounds, nor do I hold any position on this forum. Most of the people here are really friendly and would love to help you, even though they don't work for Fantasy Grounds either.

What experience do you have with map making software?

Blog Entries
    I can see if you didn't know what a Virtual Table Top is the homepage could be confusing

If you want to see some of what FG offers, there are lots of videos and the User Manual; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...UserManual.pdf

If you click on the FG Classic or FG Unity banners on the home page you will get taken to a page that talks more about what FG is, what each version has in terms of features and why you might want one version versus the other.

Since you said you were interested in map making, here's a quick demo (video at the bottom) of uses tiles to create maps in FGU; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aps+with+Tiles

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by catowonky View Post
    Hello, someone sent this to me and I don't see what this website is offering. Is this just a chat room for game questions? The home tab just takes me to a splash screen of game names.

Is there some place that tells me what this site is doing?

Thank you.
    Go to Home and download, the rest is history!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

catowonky
    "The rest" would be pricey. I would prefer to know what I was buying before I lay down cash for something, Dellanx. Since I stopped by here to see what it was all about and had a bit of difficulty, I would not be quick to point fingers at potential buyers. Saying just buy it without a much better form of product overview for people who do not know your product would be very helpful for both of us.

Thank you all for responding. Be well.

The intention might have been to try out the demo version.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    The intention might have been to try out the demo version.
    Or to use the free trial period...

catowonky
    ...Or, tell the potential buyers what it is that you are selling.

Thread Information