DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 20 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Hey rmilmine can you work on the Item tab when you get a chance and and the item creation with new categories (a little more breakdown) as when I use "Augmenation" for a created item I and my players get an error message. Would like to game Shadowrun more but really need item creation to be better since I need to add...well...everything

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Hey rmilmine can you work on the Item tab when you get a chance and and the item creation with new categories (a little more breakdown) as when I use "Augmenation" for a created item I and my players get an error message. Would like to game Shadowrun more but really need item creation to be better since I need to add...well...everything

LOL
    I'll have a look. not sure why augmentation is giving an error message in particular. Although I've not done any augmentation items yet for data entry, so that's probably why I've not seen the error yet.

Hello there,

Been playing around with the new additions to the extension, looking great so far! I think the damage control window is a great idea, gonna see if I can test it on tonights session and get you some more feedback on it.

One bug I forgot to mention on my last post was that the 'Matrix' tab actions seem to have broken down with the addition of the edge rolling. We're getting a scrip error referencing 'nEdgeDice' being a nil value on all matrix action rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragowiz View Post
    Hello there,

Been playing around with the new additions to the extension, looking great so far! I think the damage control window is a great idea, gonna see if I can test it on tonights session and get you some more feedback on it.

One bug I forgot to mention on my last post was that the 'Matrix' tab actions seem to have broken down with the addition of the edge rolling. We're getting a scrip error referencing 'nEdgeDice' being a nil value on all matrix action rolls.
    Thanks. I'll have a look at that. too many things touching too many other things. lol. I'm still learning about what is using what.

ps I have a fix for the item's and augments problem. not sure why that got missed.

Hello there,

oh Just to make sure you understand the damage control window only works on the host right now. I'm looking at adding in the client code but it's not ready to release. For some reason the client isn't running the filter code and I'm not sure why. It's filtering everything from the list.

Thanks rmilmine that would be great. Wanting to game more but the item / equipment issues make it difficult

Love the work you're doing though. Its makes getting back into Shadowrun really nice...specially when not able to game ion person !

Ok, so this may be a dumb question, but I can seem to find this anywhere. If I need to roll an arbitrary number of dice that is not accounted for by any particular skill, stat or ability, how can I do that so that the program will still automatically count hits and glitches?

When I create a dice pool with the number of D6's I need all it does is count up the face total on the dice.

/srur5 #d6e#l# description

example:
    /srun5 10d6l7
    rolls 10 d6 no edge limit of 7 no description

/srun5 10d6e5
    rolls 15d6 with no limit

/srun5 10d6 hacking
    rolls 10d6 with no edge no limit with a description of "hacking"

Hey,

Yeah I was aware the damage control would have been only visible to me, I did not see any ability to make defense rolls for npcs on it currently, the slots for showing the results were there but I didn't find a way to make the DC window recognize anything as a defense roll. I was mainly trying to give it a test run to see if I could give more feedback on it, but unfortunately the current version is giving us masses of console errors on opening character sheet pages, many of the items have overlapping stat lines and we couldn't get weapons operational.

I'm currently guessing that these are due to the changes to the items themselves and as we couldn't find a quick way to fix it, I just restarted the game back to a working extension version so we could do the session normally.

I definetly like where you're taking the extension, especially the changes to combat tracker to have both phys and stun wounds there and the damage control window. Current beta version at least is a bit too unstable for normal game sessions, but I'll be happy to give it a more thorough look later to try and find more things to report. Also if there's anything you feel like you want help on coding wise or anything, I'll be happy to try and help as I had already made some changes to superteddys version to get things like knowledge skill rolling working.

Hey,

Yeah I was aware the damage control would have been only visible to me, I did not see any ability to make defense rolls for npcs on it currently, the slots for showing the results were there but I didn't find a way to make the DC window recognize anything as a defense roll. I was mainly trying to give it a test run to see if I could give more feedback on it, but unfortunately the current version is giving us masses of console errors on opening character sheet pages, many of the items have overlapping stat lines and we couldn't get weapons operational.

I'm currently guessing that these are due to the changes to the items themselves and as we couldn't find a quick way to fix it, I just restarted the game back to a working extension version so we could do the session normally.

I definetly like where you're taking the extension, especially the changes to combat tracker to have both phys and stun wounds there and the damage control window. Current beta version at least is a bit too unstable for normal game sessions, but I'll be happy to give it a more thorough look later to try and find more things to report. Also if there's anything you feel like you want help on coding wise or anything, I'll be happy to try and help as I had already made some changes to superteddys version to get things like knowledge skill rolling working.
    Yeah, I think I made a mistake when I first started working on this where items were concerned and didn't realize the consequences of the change I made.. When I was looking at items I changed a field type for one or more fields as they wouldn't accept the needed data. Such the fields were changed from numbers to strings. I think this might have invalidated all data in items because of this change. There is a fix, but it's complicated. The db.xml file would need to be edited to change number to string for those fields. I'll try and figure out what fields I changed and I'll probably change them back. It just means that items can't have things like Physical for acc like knucks and throwing knives. it's an edge case and not something that breaks the game, unlike it seems the change I made, which breaks all the item data people have created. I'm pretty sure there was another field I changed as well. I'd have to look at the code to see for sure. I know for sure acc was changed to allow for physical to be placed in it.

If you made changes to the knowledge skills that would be great if you want it incorporated. Saves me from figuring out how to fix it. I've been knee deep in getting the damage control, combat tracker working the past bit. I also start a new job tomorrow, so I won't be unemployed as I have been since covid-19 started here in Canada. Which of course means I won't be programming on this during the day like I have been to keep myself sane. lol The hardest part of all of this has been figuring out the interaction between the xml and lua and where things go.

On a brighter note, I have the above bugs worked out and the client side is now working with damage control.
    I just need to figure out how to fix the problem I created with items. Not really sure how to fix it. Maybe I could write a script that could be run on db.xml to change peoples data to the new format.

Thread Information