DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 20 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    I have an update that I am working on. that will include the magic mod field and total. I had to go through the code and find all instances of where it was using the base score and change it to total anyways seems I missed some. So it was not difficult to add. I don't play the game where it increases the magic attribute directly but I can see how it could be interpreted in that manner.
    I will also be adding more changes to skills as I missed some references to the old way of doing it. I have some more to clean up so hopefully I can finish these changes soon.

Hey again,

We're currently playing with the extension weekly and with some not so subtle fixes (I edited out parts of the combat tracker code) I was able to break the wound linking even more but got rid of the constant combat tracker spawned errors. I think we're now and then running into these old references to skills you're talking about in your previous post so I was wondering what the current situation with your development is and if there's something that others could possibly help you with? I've been having some success in fixing simple things like typos etc on the mod or creating a new weapon subtype (Mounted weapons) to allow the rigger to use gunnery for some weapons, and wouldn't mind sharing those fixes to others if you think they'd fit to the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I've uploaded a new version 0.9.8.14 to the first post.
    I made some major changes to skills.
    There are still more changes within the code I need to do related to skills to clean things up.
    Basically I'm going to be removing the auto-generated skills list on new characters. The reason for this is to simplify localization.
    I've added code to create new Skills and skill groups within the skill window list.
    I still need to re-add in skill groups. Just realized I forgot to.
    Will do so tomorrow.
    You will be able to drag and drop skills as needed to the skill list on characters.
    I think this will clean up things on the character sheet as you will only have the skills the character actually uses or needs.
    Existing characters will have their skills linked to the new skills item.
    Ok, if i understand that right, there now are no skills whatsoever an a new Character Sheet, the auto-generated ones are all gone and everyone has to create new skills for his campaign(s), to simplify localization... and now everybode can (and hast to) name their skills like they want to name them (german, italian, etc.) ... but how are the Buttons "Defense", "Block", "Dodge", "Full", "Soak" and "Parry" work now? Arent they all dependend on specific skills? How do i link them to my own created skills?

Sorry if i am misssing something here but i am really confused on how to use this extension/ruleset/character Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by hoopalong View Post
    Ok, if i understand that right, there now are no skills whatsoever an a new Character Sheet, the auto-generated ones are all gone and everyone has to create new skills for his campaign(s), to simplify localization... and now everybode can (and hast to) name their skills like they want to name them (german, italian, etc.) ... but how are the Buttons "Defense", "Block", "Dodge", "Full", "Soak" and "Parry" work now? Arent they all dependend on specific skills? How do i link them to my own created skills?

Sorry if i am missing something here but i am really confused on how to use this extension/ruleset/character Sheet
    If you open up a blank campaign I think you'll find the skills list on the side menu (not the character sheet) is already populated with the standard skills (no descriptions just names). Might be an idea to create a test character in a blank campaign, and try renaming those skills and see if your defence rolls still work. If not, and your players use them a lot, I'd suggest creating hot buttons for them with the correct dice numbers. (It's only Block, Dodge, and Parry that should be affected, the others are attribute-only)

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    If you open up a blank campaign I think you'll find the skills list on the side menu (not the character sheet) is already populated with the standard skills (no descriptions just names).
    Nope, no skills anymore, thats my point. Skill list is completely empty now. The Block, Dodge, Parry, etc. Buttons are pretty much useless/broken now.

EmptySkillList.PNG

Strange . . . when the skills were changed, I opened a blank campaign and that list was populated, I imported our skills module into that campaign, copied over all the text into the populated list, and re-exported the modules. I'm now wondering where that list came form . . ?

Anywho, sorry it didn't help.

So I have no idea what I did but when I loaded a new campaign and loaded the extension things seem to be fine. Then when I open the skill tab to start adding skills I keep getting an error every time I add a new skill or open an existing skill. I was going to start the tedious process of data entry in my free time to hopefully play this but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:274: attempt to get length of local 'sToSplit' (a boolean value).

After some experimentation I've found this error is only in the Unity version which is a shame. Also on both versions the skills tab is empty until I make a player character and click on the skills tab from that sheet. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not worth fixing but just something I would like to bring to someone's attention.
    Last edited by Saeval; October 23rd, 2020 at 10:10.

@rmilmine
    How hard do you think it would be to make this ext work for ShadowRun 3e?

Quote Originally Posted by lamorric View Post
    @rmilmine
    How hard do you think it would be to make this ext work for ShadowRun 3e?
    Sorry, I missed that superteddy57 was taking over.

Really, if anyone can answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by lamorric View Post
    Sorry, I missed that superteddy57 was taking over.

Really, if anyone can answer this.
    Conversion to 3E would be a major project. Many systems in 3E used different and specialized rules (magic, matrix, etc.) that would need to be implemented for automation.

However, it would be possible to make a MoreCore character sheet for SR3 that does the dice rolls and requires the GM to be GM. Automation can be added over time, this is basically how SR5 got its start. You can use whatever code from SR5 that would work. You could try converting the existing extension but the other way is cleaner.

Thread Information