STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[SWADE/SWD] Players not able to move NPC Tokens on Battlemaps

My players are not able to move allied NPC tokens on the battle map.

No matter if I take them from the "allies" section of the party sheet or from the character sheet of a player. It also doesn't matter if I group the NPCs onto a specific PC on the combat tracker or not. The players are not able to move friendly NPCs on a battlemap. I (GM) can move every token. The players can only move their own tokens. They can roll dice for their allied NPCs but cannot move the corresponding tokens.

In a game like Savage Worlds where the players usually take control of a lot of NPCs in a battle this is more than annoying. It is destroying the fun and makes larger battles impossible to play.

I reported this to Ikael in the Savage Worlds Discord channel and he told me this had to be a FGU bug that doesn't appear in FGC.

I have tested this issue on SWADE an SWD with no extensions activated and with PotSM. With custom battlemaps and with FG battlemaps. Everytime the same problem. I run FGU on a Windows 10 PC.

I would appreciate fast advice to solve this problem as I have a huge Necropolis 2350 battle incoming that won't be playable without player control of the allied NPC's tokens on the map.

Kind regards
    N.

I am seeing this issue on the 5e ruleset as well. This worked last gaming session we had a couple weeks ago. I recently added some cool extensions from Kent McCullough (super cool if you have not seen them) and thought they potentially could be the culprit. I created a new campaign with no extensions loaded and had the same result.

I verified I was following the steps as outlined in this post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...trol-of-an-NPC

so currently my Wizards can not control their familiars on the map or have the LOS of the npc token.

The default for FGU has changed to limit player token control and vision to only owned PC tokens. If the GM would like to allow players to move and see with "any" friendly token, there is a new option called "Party vision and movement" that the GM can turn on.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The default for FGU has changed to limit player token control and vision to only owned PC tokens. If the GM would like to allow players to move and see with "any" friendly token, there is a new option called "Party vision and movement" that the GM can turn on.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you, but while this option exists in 5e, it does not exist in SWD and SWADE. I have updated 5 minutes ago and created new campaigns, and the option is missing. Proof:

Party Vision-SWADE.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you for pointing me to the new setting, however looking at the benefits of players only being able to see their own token's LOS is a bit too cool to give up. I have moved over to creating a char sheet for the familiars. Are there plans for allowing NPC sharing to a single player that would allow for only the selected player to move the NPC token and see it's LOS?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfdsa View Post
    Thank you for pointing me to the new setting, however looking at the benefits of players only being able to see their own token's LOS is a bit too cool to give up. I have moved over to creating a char sheet for the familiars. Are there plans for allowing NPC sharing to a single player that would allow for only the selected player to move the NPC token and see it's LOS?
    You can do this currently by not sharing the NPC to all PCs, instead drag it to the one PC you want to have control of it (or create a second PC for the familiar and have the player take control of it as a second PC.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This issue has been addressed in SavageWorlds ruleset. It will be part of v5.2.6 release.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can do this currently by not sharing the NPC to all PCs, instead drag it to the one PC you want to have control of it (or create a second PC for the familiar and have the player take control of it as a second PC.)
    unfortunately the above does not work without toggling "Party vision and movement" which also gives players the ability to see all other token's LOS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfdsa View Post
    unfortunately the above does not work without toggling "Party vision and movement" which also gives players the ability to see all other token's LOS.
    Good to know, seems like the 'new' party vision option has changed more than was originally apparent. I'm hoping this gets re-addressed as I don't like a lot of the new impacts.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Players are still not able to move friendly tokens. Or is there any new solition to this issue? I have stopped playing FGU in May because it was not possible to do battles with allied npcs. I gave it another try today, but it still does'nt seem to be fixed. This is extremly irritating.

Thread Information