DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

vs. Dwarf Effects

System: FGU Ultimate license, version 2020-05-14.

Question: How does the Dwarf benefit on AC vs Ogres etc work please?.

As while we were playing Ihad an ogre attack a dwarf and every time the ogre hit the dwarf the -4 penalty to hit was not included. Clearly I am missing a step or doing something wrong. I even created a new dwarven character and set up a test and at no point was the AC benefit to dwarf taken into account by the ogre attacking the dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    System: FGU Ultimate license, version 2020-05-14.

Question: How does the Dwarf benefit on AC vs Ogres etc work please?.

As while we were playing Ihad an ogre attack a dwarf and every time the ogre hit the dwarf the -4 penalty to hit was not included. Clearly I am missing a step or doing something wrong. I even created a new dwarven character and set up a test and at no point was the AC benefit to dwarf taken into account by the ogre attacking the dwarf.
    Look under the characters ability tab. There is an "advanced effect" section with an effect there.

For that to function the creature needs to have a type set to match.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi Celestian,

Thanks -I have checked that the the Ogre has the right type, and the character as the Effect listed.
    But when I attack with the Ogre the Character (AC10) does not benefit from improved AC (AC6) Hopefuly the screen shot attached gives enough detail.

(this is FGU of course)
    1.jpg

Good Day Sadwargamer
    In FGU I just made a dwarf and placed him on the CT then threw an ogre in and the AC adjustment seems to be working correctly. You don't by chance have any extensions running?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bonkon; May 19th, 2020 at 17:42. Reason: Tried to attach a pic :)

Hi Bonkon, Yes I have the font extension and a decal - I will remove them and try again.

Any chance of a screen shot to show me what I shoudl be seeing - although I am assuming an AC adjustment in the chat window output?

Quote Originally Posted by sadwargamer View Post
    Hi Bonkon, Yes I have the font extension and a decal - I will remove them and try again.

Any chance of a screen shot to show me what I shoudl be seeing - although I am assuming an AC adjustment in the chat window output?
    Good Day Sadwargamer
    I am not a message board master, but I tried to attach a pic for you, I hope it works

Thanks Bonkon, but no image found.

I just re tried with no extensions installed and still to adjustment for -4 AC ebenefit adjustment taken into account.

Good Day Sadwargamer
    I have never posted a pic before so the moderators might need to approve it.
    Basically what I am seeing in the Chat is:
    Attack [20] -> [ATTACK (M)] [at Test] [DEF EFFECTS +4] [Hit-AC: -3 vs 6] [AC: -3] [HIT]

I left the stats alone so Test's AC is normally 10.

I get the following and I created a dwarven F3 and used an ogre for this:

Attack [18] ->[ATTACK (M)] [at Brave Fighter] [Hit-AC: -1 vs. 10 ] [AC: -1 ] [HIT]

So for whatever reason I am not getting the [DEF EFFECTS +4]

Good Day Sadwargamer
    Have you tried removing the dwarf from the CT and adding it back?
    Or tried making a new level 1 just to see if something went quirky when levelling up? I am not at my computer to test levelling right now.

Thread Information