FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Amber Diceless RPG - starting new campaign, looking for players

on consideration, I've decided I don't quite have the time for this yet, it will need to wait awhile before I'm ready to run this; could a moderator delete this please? Thanks
    Last edited by Morfedel; May 19th, 2020 at 14:41.

Shame! Definitely would like to finally play this game!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Shame! Definitely would like to finally play this game!
    I'LL actually run it, but with covid and some other crap and my working in healthcare... and, uh, actually having covid myself for nearly a month... things have been crazy and, on consideration, I realized I wasn't quite at a point where I could run it just yet.

Do you pay much attention to this forum? Or are you just an occasional visitor?

I am subscribed to the LFG thread, so I get an update daily. Also, I subscribed to this thread specifically, in case you ever changed your mind ;-)

Sorry to hear of your catching C19, but damn...nice to be immune now! One of the guys I work with (as a firefighter) got tested for the antibodies and he is positive, so done as well. I think I had it too, but haven't gotten checked yet.
    Last edited by EmptyOwl; May 27th, 2020 at 20:11.

I am subscribed to the LFG thread, so I get an update daily. Also, I subscribed to this thread specifically, in case you ever changed your mind ;-)

Sorry to hear of your catching C19, but damn...nice to be immune now! One of the guys I work with (as a firefighter) got tested for the antibodies and he is positive, so done as well. I think I had it too, but haven't gotten checked yet.
    Not so much changing my mind as deciding when I can handle the extra load. A properly run Amber game is a little more demanding on many GMs times if you have active players. Have you ever read the Amber novel

Oh, yes, I have read them...even run Amber the game. Wasn't too keen on the diceless mechanics, seems really arbitrary to me as the GM. But I loved reading Lords of Olympus and Gossamer & Shadow. As I said, it would be interesting to play it.

I actually ran/run my own version of Amber I call Nexus. We started in HERO, then moved on to a few other gamesystems: Masterbook, Exalted, Mutants & Masterminds, Savage Worlds, maybe some others. Currently I run it in a Pathfinder bastardization mixing Masterbook-like scaling. Crazy good times!

Oh, yes, I have read them...even run Amber the game. Wasn't too keen on the diceless mechanics, seems really arbitrary to me as the GM. But I loved reading Lords of Olympus and Gossamer & Shadow. As I said, it would be interesting to play it.

I actually ran/run my own version of Amber I call Nexus. We started in HERO, then moved on to a few other gamesystems: Masterbook, Exalted, Mutants & Masterminds, Savage Worlds, maybe some others. Currently I run it in a Pathfinder bastardization mixing Masterbook-like scaling. Crazy good times!
    I have to admit, I liked the diceless mechanics, but it does require a good GM, and having trust in him or her. As such, it can vary greatly in quality. I've been curious about Gossamer and Shadow, but I've never heard of Lords of Olympus

Gossamer and Shadow is virtually identical to Amber Diceless, down to the powers, with the Zelazny trademarks filed off - although he has given his blessing to the project. If you like Amber as a mechanic, you'll be equally fine with G&S.

I do find, however, that G&S loses a fair bit in setting without Amber and the Amberites around.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...s-Diceless-RPG

You play as a scion of the Olympian pantheon rather than an Amberite/Lord of G&S. Again, it is Amber using the same diceless system with the serial numbers filed off. Very well done though, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarion View Post
    Gossamer and Shadow is virtually identical to Amber Diceless, down to the powers, with the Zelazny trademarks filed off - although he has given his blessing to the project. If you like Amber as a mechanic, you'll be equally fine with G&S.

I do find, however, that G&S loses a fair bit in setting without Amber and the Amberites around.
    To be fair, Amber had 10 novels and a few short stories as a backbone, whereas G&S doesn't.

However, I went and read some reviews of both, and apparently another complaint was that G&S didn't have the link of everyone being family, having a built in link between characters, but LoO apparently DID have that.

Thread Information